Four cylinder sedans (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
coz asians love their toyotas and plus i think theyre better than other family cars such as holden commodores and ford falcons
fuel economy is also a factor coz of the smaller size of the engine in comparison to commodores and falcons and even the magna

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:
I think asians buy them because their decent on fuel and they dont usually run into many problems and are pretty cheap to fix.
Bingo =]

The parts are cheaper and more popular (like you dont need to get it from overseas or some crap) and if you scratch the paint the paint is cheap too

And I think Camrys are cheaper than your Fords and Holdens in the first place..

Plus I'd assume there's more asians working at Toyota so you can bargain the hell out of them.

Mr Will

HSC
hondas kick ass. not only that, but they shit on all other n/a 4cylinder equivalents. eg anything made by mistubishi, toyota or nissan. if you get a honda with a Bseries engine, expect it to last up to 400 000ks, and no that is not a typo. these engines will outlast and outperform any other 1.6/1.8. buy a civic or an integra, preferably the latter. the accords and preludes are ok, but you wont find any B series engines there

CieL

HSC
I have yet to see a Civic which has done 400,000kms and still in good condition.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, too many Honda owners have that figure in the back of their mind, and neglect oil changes and other fluid changes, bringing that figure down into the 250s. N.B Not ALL Honda owners. But seemingly many.

CieL

HSC
^ I think that's the same for majority of car owners, regardless of badge

Mr Will

HSC
CieL said:
I have yet to see a Civic which has done 400,000kms and still in good condition.

go to kloster ford and ask the guy at the service desk, he sold his 93 ls with 420 000, thats the B series im talking about

CieL

HSC
Someone actually bought a car with 420 000 on the dial? Crazy

Qlimax

HSC
get the 1.6L civic..
they are reliable and hardly break down.

Qlimax

HSC
DaddyK said:
toyota is just preferred by alot of asians, like holden or ford is preferred by aussies.
no not quite..
Holdens and Fords are just a lot less fuel conservative than the Camry's/honda's

and being asian.. more asians rather petrol consumption than anything..
i duno why though

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
Hey what would pople suggest for a first car 4 door 4 cylinder pref sedan maybe hatch small or med car . i was looking at integra but 2 door. price range of 4G to 8.5. looking more at fuel than power to an extent. maybe pulsar or civic (but hatch)

thanks in advance for your help
p.s rural town so 50/50 with highway time and town time

CieL

HSC
Qlimax said:
no not quite..
Holdens and Fords are just a lot less fuel conservative than the Camry's/honda's

and being asian.. more asians rather petrol consumption than anything..
i duno why though
Do you mean asians are worried about petrol consumption?
Because with each time you fill up, it'll probably be $10-$20 difference between the Japanese and Australian badges.. and usually if you buy a Japanese car, you're looking for it to last.. so say, $15 a week saving, 52 weeks a year, that's $780 saving a year.. say that car for 6yrs, that's a saving of $4680..

*thinks* damn that's not a great amount.. but think of how much rice you can get for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)