Freaking out about your exams? (1 Viewer)

First years: Freaked out about your exams?

• No, because I honestly don't care.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No... but I should be.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Yes, because I know next to nothing about the course.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Yes, but it's only standard pre-exam nervousness.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

cimbom

HSC
Silver Persian said:
yay ECOP is over...the exam was fairly good. I wasn't sure about the SA questions but I thought my essay was good

Poor Cimbom :( I think she forgot to fill out the cover of her exam booklet, and the examiner wouldn't let her finish it after the exam was over. She looked a bit upset :(
Haha. I think i did fill it out properly, as she took it off me. It's all together with something that has to have my name/sid/ecop1001 written on it.

Ecop was pretty easy. Predictably for essays they put both an institutional and keynes essay question. But I don't like ecop. edit: not that i don't respect it as a subject blah blah blah, it's just not for me.

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
jhakka said:
Electrical Engineering was a bitch to find. I just followed someone else who had the textbook for my subject. :)

Not that I know of. Having said that, though, I feel that my answers were pretty decent. Pass-worthy at the very least.

EDIT: One down, one to go. I wonder how Jem went.
I was in mechanical engineering. Why the hell would they put an english exam in the ngineering part of the uni? Logic is beyond me.

I didn't find it too bad. I think I already passed the course before the exam, so technically Susan, I could hjave put my name on the paper and walked out and still got a pass mark. It's different in the Arts Fac. Oh how I love the Arts Fac lol

I have an English exam on Thursday which they prettty mujch gave us the questions. Life is sweet lol

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Well, my subjects have been wierd:
IBUS2101: 8/8 thus far. no other marks revealed, but I'd be happy with 75 considering i literally did the assignment after the japan v australia game the night before and finished it with 5 mins before the deadline
IBUS3101: no marks, but in the major assessment which was an online strategy game, I got pwned. badly. easy subject, but considering the exam is in 5 hrs, and i only started studying today, ill be happy with about 70
PSYC1001: i forgot about experiment participation, cos im a retard. got 75% in a 25% essay. it's multiple choice but i havent done ANY and i mean ANY study for psych this sem. hardly went to any lectures in the second half of semester. the exam is tomorrow at 9am, so im screwed. oh well, hopefully i can snag about 75
MKTG3121: no marks (again!), but am hoping to get an HD. have a few days to study for the exam, and using my already high level of knowledge in the field, i should be able to pwn it. Plus my assessments should get HDs or around there.

Avg mark last year: approx 80
This sem: likely to be about 70 :( :(
and the wierd thing is that i couldnt care less.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
gordo said:
they better fucking scale solids
Down?

I found Solids quite easy.

Q1 was just a simple ratio then solve.
Q2 was remarkably similar to a 2003 question and is quite self explanatory.
Q3 just required deriving the displacement equation to get the reactions down pat.
Q4 I had a little trouble with and still not 100% sure I got it, but it should just be a bending moment and then some.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
:eek: I honestly don't, like at all anymore. Freaking out = stressing, and stressin is bad :\
Im really happy actually :)

OMFG IT'S LIKE LESS THEN 24 HRS TILL HOLZ YAYAYYYAY

Libbster

HSC
i hate maths, i hate psyc, i hate adv physics that is all :mad1:

tennille

HSC
Maths is a requirement for 1st year science/engineering degrees, so clearly she doesn't have a choice on that. I hated first year physics as well, which is why I dropped it in second semester. Just because you are doing a subject doesn't mean you have to like it. You won't know until you do it. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Tennille said:
Maths is a requirement for 1st year science/engineering degrees, so clearly she doesn't have a choice on that. I hated first year physics as well, which is why I dropped it in second semester. Just because you are doing a subject doesn't mean you have to like it. You won't know until you do it. :)
i think she merely hates them because she has exams for them she's unprepared for.

funnily enough, i completely pwned the ibus3101 exam, with a total of 4 hours and 30 mins study for it. looks like a 75 is achivable, overall. if only it was worth more than 35% :( Then i could get close to 80 or above.

tennille

HSC
stazi said:
i think she merely hates them because she has exams for them she's unprepared for.

funnily enough, i completely pwned the ibus3101 exam, with a total of 4 hours and 30 mins study for it. looks like a 75 is achivable, overall. if only it was worth more than 35% :( Then i could get close to 80 or above.
Sorry, I was referring to spank_meh's post.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Tennille said:
Actually i do know wat it's like.. :(
I had to do physics and 2Umaths for my HSC.. and oh God i really hated both!
But honestly, i can't do good in a subject if i don't like it:\

I just simply can't..:(

Libbster

HSC
i hate them because i studied heaps hard for maths, then the exams were really hard and felt like i knew nothing, i hate psyc cos the exam is tomorrow after maths and i hate physics cause its crap and i can't drop it

tennille

HSC
spank_meh: I think that's the case for most people. Physics seemed interesting during first semester, but it was difficult to understand the concepts and apply them to problems. That's why I dropped it. But it's true that if you don't like a subject you tend not to go well in it.

Libbster: I felt like that last year. The exams can be quite difficult. However, you may end up with a better mark than you expect. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Libbster said:
i hate maths, i hate psyc, i hate adv physics that is all :mad1:
ha. now i know your full name ;)
I always thought you were asian. How I was wrong.

Libbster

HSC
stazi said:
ha. now i know your full name ;)
I always thought you were asian. How I was wrong.
lol ok that is just freaky for two reasons: that people can find out my real name, and that u thought i was asian lol

lol and yes i realise that my hotmail address gives away my name but anyways :p

frootloop

HSC
The Foundations of Pharmacy exam was OK I guess... though some of the questions were fairly tricky. And why on Earth did we need a calculator? :confused:

Now to study (cram) for Bio... only need 25% in the exam to pass. Not too worried. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)