Freaking Out... (1 Viewer)

starrysky

HSC
original123 said:
I did that already. I try not to but the Modules thing is overwhelming me! If it weren't for Eng I'd be so confident! Everytime I get a hold on it something comes up to show me that I'm not doing it right. I heard that it's basically impossible to receive a Band 6 in Adv Eng. Is that true?
I heard it's difficult to get a Band 6 in Standard, not in Advanced.

Who here's finding it difficult to condense essays into writeable chunks for forty-minute increments so that we don't end up screwing up a module completely in the exam? -flails arms-

=_="

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
Who here's finding it difficult to condense essays into writeable chunks for forty-minute increments so that we don't end up screwing up a module completely in the exam? -flails arms-

=_="[/quote]
(Raises arms excitedly) ME! Oh my gosh, me!I'm an abnormally fast writer. But I think it's the whole overwhelming concept of having to write 3 quality essays in 2hrs. Not normal. I don't understand why they made it 2hrs. Like, 3 would have been doable. Two is just not normal.I move that we get together every single teacher and HSC marker, as well as any other educator, and make them sit the HSC.

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
I heard it's difficult to get a Band 6 in Standard, not in Advanced.

=_="
ZOMG.

ME. :(

Frontline's a bitch.

samuel slack

HSC
starrysky said:

=_="
I am. I've cut my stuff down so much. I'm only talking about a couple of things for each module, and although I'll probably lose some marks, at least I'll finish all my essays... I had to make a decision. Worry about not finishing (actually almost certainly not finish). Or cut down.

morganforrest

HSC
Probably the only valuable thing english has taught over the past two years is how to write succinctly....really really succinctly

I've actually managed to make most of my essays quite dense

except Lear....i hate Lear :burn:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
=D 6.82% get band 6 ! i hope i get a high band 5 =D
I know tonnes of people who've recieved band 6s. :D
They make it look so easy.

Oh, yes i HATE Lear as well.

Edit: Don't worry Hung, you will! For sure!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
tanjin said:
I know tonnes of people who've recieved band 6s. :D
They make it look so easy.

Oh, yes i HATE Lear as well.

Edit: Don't worry Hung, you will! For sure!
haha yeah .. i hope i do ok :)

oh gosh , module b is like .. the biggest fag ? far out , i`m doing Harwood , and i hate her.

back on topic , I FINISHED ONE MODULE FOR CHEM *dances around wildly*

starrysky

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
=D 6.82% get band 6 ! i hope i get a high band 5 =D
Same here. Aiming for something above a Band 4. -nodnod-

The only good thing about the modules I do is that everything can be condensed. The bad thing about Module C is that Powerplay covers a whole lot of shit, and the question can throw you. -stabs it-

EDIT: You HATE Harwood?! But her poetry is so easy! The techniques pretty much dance naked right in front of youuuuuuuuuuu. I HATE Module C. Powerplay sucks arse, especially with Antony & Cleopatra. Shakespeare is the bane of my existence. BANE, I SAY.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
starrysky said:
But her poetry is so easy! The techniques pretty much dance naked right in front of youuuuuuuuuuu.
LOL noway ! almost all the people in my grade who do harwood would say its heaps harder than modules a & c.
i do frontline & BNW/BR , and i reckon theyre pretty straight forward.

harwood on the other hand .. =.= .. in my trial i got 11/20 and that was above average.

starrysky

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
LOL noway ! almost all the people in my grade who do harwood would say its heaps harder than modules a & c.
i do frontline & BNW/BR , and i reckon theyre pretty straight forward.

harwood on the other hand .. =.= .. in my trial i got 11/20 and that was above average.
Butbutbutbutbutbut ... :mad1:

Come on! Christian readings, feminist readings, psychoanalytical/Freudian. Glass Jar, The Violets, Prize-Giving. Everything else can jump off a cliff.

And the GOOD thing about Harwood is they can only ask you certain questions, so you won't get thrown; it's all about the resonant power of her poetry in appealing to multiple audiences, yadda yadda yadda.

!!!

And so forth. I quite enjoy Harwood. It's better than fucking Antony & Cleopatra what the hell. :mad1: I'm freaking out about Module C the most - powerplay is by far my weakest point. -dropkicks it to Mars-

starrysky

HSC
noir. said:
lol @ feminist readings.

I HATE FEMINISTS.

But as for Freud... he's quite dandy, i must say.
-huggles Macquarie guide- I wouldn't've spotted the feminist reading in The Violets if not for it. -huggles it again-

Off-Topic: Zomg. Your avatar. HAWWT. <3

On-Topic: I think I've calmed down from a big panic attack the other night, realising the significance of HSC, etc. etc. Probably because I've done so much English and it's actually bitten a sizeable chunk out of the workload I have left, so that's a relief. But still ... more Modules. :mad1:

innocentmel

HSC
Shit. Yeah. It would be soooooooooo much better if the exams were at night!!!!!!
Im sooo freaking out about the exams.... well im not freaking out... i just can't sleep at all at night cos of how close the first exam is getting of which of course i'm not freaking out at all about... its the one exam i probs wont fail... hopefully.
But i do hate the creative writing part of it quite severely...

ITS THE MODULES I HATE!!!
I mean Frontline is alright cos its still quite clear in my head... and Harwood isnt that bad... maybe could do a bit more revising on...
ITS EMMA/CLUELESS I HATE!!! Gaaaaaaah. Its death!!
And how could anyone expect you to write 3 essays in 2 hours... i mean even the Maths exam gets more time than that module exam!!!!

I think i am taking the aspect of studying for each exam as they come up... I mean... i'm pretty well set for the first one... and i've studied for bits and pieces of my other exams but yeah... that second english exam and my Ancient exam is really gonna kill me!

Art will be fine... simply cos i have a week between the two exams.
Yay!
But Ancient... gaaaaah! Help! I have a day to take in everything.... and i cant find my Minoans Textbook either!? =[

FromDeeEast

HSC
when my brother did the hsc, he was always stressing he was really smart, but always wanted to do better. He streesed non stop and always thought that he wasnt ready. on the way to his first hsc exam he crashed into another car at 80km/h he was in a comma for 1 year, and never ended up getting his hsc .....

how about u guys calm the f*ck down and take it easy, its not the end of the world

and no i dont have an older brother

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Memorise pre written essays.... change the start and beginning of every few paragraphs to make it "suit" the question and viola BAND 6 !!

P.S. ill get back to you if this works....

williamc

HSC
wrxsti said:
Memorise pre written essays.... change the start and beginning of every few paragraphs to make it "suit" the question and viola BAND 6 !!

P.S. ill get back to you if this works....
Na mate you actually need to be able to write to get a band 6.

Band 4/5 on the other hand...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
williamc said:
Na mate you actually need to be able to write to get a band 6.

Band 4/5 on the other hand...
:uhhuh:

Band 4/5 is achievable.

HSC
FromDeeEast said:
when my brother did the hsc, he was always stressing he was really smart, but always wanted to do better. He streesed non stop and always thought that he wasnt ready. on the way to his first hsc exam he crashed into another car at 80km/h he was in a comma for 1 year, and never ended up getting his hsc .....

how about u guys calm the f*ck down and take it easy, its not the end of the world

and no i dont have an older brother
:eek: :eek: I'm sorry, I laughed. (Hold on, you don't mean that you don't have an older brother because he died, do you? If so, sorry. :()

I totally agree with the moral of that story though; there are more important things in life than the HSC. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)