• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Free period on the first period?! (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
Assembly is so boring.

Studying > Sitting in an assembly, for all t, where t is at any time. :D
Too much maths for you today Riviet :p

Stupid deputy and principal speeches, same thing all the time

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah i know, just got back from prior this arvo... :rolleyes:

studynoob

HSC
N/A
STFU this thread is specifically bout free period and was clsed about 8 weeks ago you noobs!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
A thread is never closed until you can't post in it. :p

But it was off-topic though. xD

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
This year, I had Maths first period every week, and Maths last period every week. By the end of the year, with 4 unit, I was seeing my maths teacher first and last thing each week, a total 16 times a fortnight, 50 minutes at a time, and was just the timetable. No wonder he decided to leave... best maths teacher I ever had, abandoning us for PERTH! :( :p

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
We have a teacher who teaches Maths + Physics - I only have 1 unit with him (two more last year) but others have 6 units with him - 4 units of Maths + 2 units of physics. He is responsible for more than half their HSC.

Next year's Year 11 at my school is likely to be in exactly that situation - one of the Maths teachers, who can teach 4-unit, will also be taking Physics. The responsibility there would be scary...

I_F

Irradiated

HSC
free periods rule

we are allowed to go to school late or leave early when we have free periods, we ar supposed to be in school at all other times, even when we have frees between classes, but there are few people who are. they give out heaps of frees at windsor, a quarter of the periods i have are free

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Irradiated said:
we are allowed to go to school late or leave early when we have free periods, we ar supposed to be in school at all other times, even when we have frees between classes, but there are few people who are. they give out heaps of frees at windsor, a quarter of the periods i have are free
Oo nice... :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Irradiated said:
Same, you're the only school iv'e heard of other than mine that allows this awesome flexible attendance policy. One tuesday I dont start class till 12pm, therefore i dont have to wait around in the senior study for 3 hours before hand.

P

pLuvia

Damn that's good we have to come to school normal time even if we have a free 1st period but can leave early in the afternoon

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Damn that's good we have to come to school normal time even if we have a free 1st period but can leave early in the afternoon
Its just about the only decent deal for Year 12s at my school....
Then again there are heaps of long distance commuters, I myself being one...i travel 3 hours to get to school and back...bah.

P

pLuvia

lol, total time I have to travel is probably, 1.5 hours there and back

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
What if you have the whole day full of free periods?
You dont come to school! Yay!

P

pLuvia

I guess you wouldn't have to come to school, I know I will have to just leave after roll call, stupid :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
One tuesday I dont start class till 12pm, therefore i dont have to wait around in the senior study for 3 hours before hand.
That's alot like how it works in uni. You only turn up to your classes and the rest of the time is doing whatever you feel like.

mrincredible

Superhero In Training
HSC
my yr 11/12 tt for 2005 was sweet!
i only had 2 arvo classes till 4 after school per wk so my typical days were like this
mon: 8:50-4pm
tues: 8:50-1pm
wed: 9:40-12pm
thu: 8:50-4pm
fri: 8:50-3pm

i loved that tues/wed transition, being able to sleep for like 15 hrs straight haha

mrincredible

Superhero In Training
HSC
extension english.... most of the time i slept lol i know wat happened in the beginning and the end of pride and prejudice... beats me wat happened in between lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)