Free Period Time (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Bookie said:
what the fuck are you guys on about?
LoL, you have yet to embrace the 'beauty' of complex numbers. You guys are going to cram the Extension 2 course in 2-3 terms whilst having to regularly revise the Extension 1 course so that you don't forget the stuff you learnt in Extension 1 for your exams. Man you guys at SBHS have to put up with 4-6 months with purely Extension 1 work and another 4-6 months doing solely Extension 2 work, while we do them simultaneously, so we have variation in our Maths work.

As for the free periods, man I envy you people. I do 12 units and I have no free periods other than early leave every Tuesday. :(

s1mplykat

HSC
dont want to dissapoint myself

dont have a specific goal for the uai... some people think that having high goals are a good thing and that they help you to work harder to achieve what you want, i would rather try hard and do my own thing instead of having such expectations of myself

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Trebla said:
As for the free periods, man I envy you people. I do 12 units and I have no free periods other than early leave every Tuesday. :(
I too am plagued by the mundanity of no free periods, no before school and no after school classes.

I am considering dropping a subject to amend that! Free periods slash late starts were a dream of mine since year 7.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I get 5 45 min periods a week, 1 per day on average, which is pretty good for 12 units.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
denise_ said:
daymn u guys already got timetables?
we havent even chosen our subjects for this term yet >.<
i'm def dropping photography. its the pits. i still havent learnt to develop film yet
*sighs*
Agreed there. The photography course at just about every school was not worth doing!!
I learnt alot...and got the top mark in the exam, 91% but the rest of my class got around..hmm..50-60s...argh..poor dears

I'm doing it in my visual arts major though.

As for free periods, I have, 2 most days except wednesday where i have history extension, 1pm-3pm (2 hrs during lunch and senior sport time)

Yeah I er...dropped photography (non UAI) and french beginners (because i just couldnt be bothered anymore) and took up history extension and english ext 2..

so yeah, i have, heaps of free periods and the sweetest flexible attendence monitoring ...thingo..(i swipe in and out...so i can come to school whatever time as one of my days starts at 12pm..)

18 free periods (some of them i just leave early or arrive later..) of 55mins each...
oh and one of them is a mentor lesson for ext2 eng

cherio

Jimmy Pax

HSC
Might as well bump this thread up. I finally dropped engineering studies so that gives me 6 40 minute periods free. And apprently next year, I lose one period a week for all my subjects which have less then 10 people. I have 3 classes with less then ten people :p

So that means 9 free periods a week for me, if this is true. But i'll certainly try and get some study done in a few of them.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
luscious-llama said:
so yeah, i have, heaps of free periods and the sweetest flexible attendence monitoring ...thingo..(i swipe in and out...so i can come to school whatever time as one of my days starts at 12pm..)
we have those swipey-cardy thing type substances as well...ours has lesson times programmed into it or something though so if ur late it can tell. but swipe cards are fun and make us look cooler :cool:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Jimmy Pax said:
And apprently next year, I lose one period a week for all my subjects which have less then 10 people. I have 3 classes with less then ten people :p
what do you mean?
They cut all small classes??

Jimmy Pax

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
what do you mean?
They cut all small classes??
I don't know if its just our school cause we are a smaller school, but yes the word is we lose a period for each class with under 10 people.

Or so i'm told...

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Jimmy Pax said:
I don't know if its just our school cause we are a smaller school, but yes the word is we lose a period for each class with under 10 people.

Or so i'm told...
If they cut your favourite subjects, then fight!

NobodyKnows

HSC
I do four subjects and have 11 units -- 4u english, 3u history, music and maths. I have 11 free periods, 40 minutes each....

hobojo

Premium Member
HSC
i do 13 units but one of them is a tafe course (music business)
in week a i have about 5 hours of free periods
in week b i have about 4 hours of free periods

P

pLuvia

Currently I have

Week A (80 mins each)
Monday - 2 frees
Tuesday - 1 free
Wednesday - 1 free
Thursday - 1 free
Friday - 1 free

Week B
Monday - 1 free
Tuesday - 1 free
Wednesday - 1 free
Thursday - 1 free
Friday - No free

So 11 in a fornight

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Do you guys find that your free periods pass by really quickly? Because i certainly think time flies during these free periods. Maybe because i'm so intensely busy with my work. XD

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i have 9 free periods and i often catch up on sleep during them lol.

Jimmy Pax

HSC
I don't get this Week A and B business...Are your timetables on a 2 week rotation?

And yes, my free periods seem to go pretty quickly, even when I do nothing in them :cool:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Jimmy Pax said:
I don't get this Week A and B business...Are your timetables on a 2 week rotation?
Yeah, most schools cycle through 2 weeks, as mine does too. Every now and again they might change the order of subjects we have each day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)