Free Periods Good or bad (1 Viewer)

santiii

HSC
I was just wondering whether you guys think free periods are good or bad or just annoying.

My school has 70 - 80 minute periods and the currently reconstructing the library so you have to sit in the cafeteria with a lot people and its just a pain in the butt (definitely if you don't know anyone or it will be extremely awkward if you talk to semi-acquaintances). So thats really annoying.

But then there are days like right now where I have the 1st and 2nd period off meaning I don't have to be there until 11.40. Which allows me to do work at home (in the morning or night)... and slightly bludge.

Personally I think they are bitter sweet.

madsam

God among men
HSC
find a few friends and invade one of your computer rooms

vidja game it up!

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
I like free periods :) im having one at the moment, spending my "free" time on BOS :D

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I was just wondering whether you guys think free periods are good or bad or just annoying.
Well if you're a guy then that's normal.

If you're a girl then it means that you're pregnant or something...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Make some friends in the free period. You don't have to work in free periods, I usually bludged.

kia_rio92

HSC
haha ur lucky we dont get free periods at all.. we have thirteen half hour periods a day, lunchtime and recess u sumtimes dont get both, personally i think free periods are ridiculous, u go to school to learn not bludge!!

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
free periods are good and bad,
they are bad when all your friends are in class and you have to resort to going on bos :p

muzeikchun852

HSC
i have a 50mins free period almost everyday, but most of my frees are in period 1 or 2, and mon tues wed i have morning classes for maths extension. so in my situation, free period is not that good for me. but once again, most of my years dont get free period.

HSC
Uni Grad
Good for lazing about, going and having a munch at the cafeteria, seeing a teacher for some help or catching up on homework your forgot you had.

klaris

HSC
So far, I've had heaps of frees because they screwed my timetable over and I only had 10U.

Anyway.

Good:

catch up on notes/homework
ask teacher for help
go to the lib. borrow books/use net if need be
gossip with friends

Bad:

boring if you have no work to complete
getting "gtfo" looks from the yr 12s
nagging teachers
noisy juniors

and that is about it.

suling

HSC
haha ur lucky we dont get free periods at all.. we have thirteen half hour periods a day, lunchtime and recess u sumtimes dont get both, personally i think free periods are ridiculous, u go to school to learn not bludge!!
thirteen half hour periods!!! Wow.

toby12

HSC
basically, if you use them to catch up on work, do homework, get help from teachers - good

however if you drive down to maccas or just sit in the library talking like i did the majority of my free periods.. then bad haha.

klaris

HSC
it was a play on words, a pun...so to speak.

wit.

conch575

HSC
Sometimes I don't think they're that good.. You end up talking to people more than doing work. Same with early leave periods, instead of studying, you get out of school to hang out with friends or go home and do something else (e.g. watch tv or browse the net).

But I love having my "study" periods and hate the days where I don't have any.

HSC
Uni Grad
I went and saw a maths tutor in my mon and tue free periods.
It helped a lot but I generally phailed when it came to tests, not sure why but it wasn't pressure cos I was fine with all my other subjects and stuff.
Still, somehow with horrible scores I managed to rank 11/22 lol.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Good when you're with your friends or have something to do.

Bad when you're a loner and have no work to do.

conch575

HSC
Good when you're with your friends or have something to do.

Bad when you're a loner and have no work to do.
If anything I think it's better the other way around. Friends distract you from your work, being a loner makes you do your work! I choose to sit by myself in my studies now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)