Free YouTube videos for HSC (1 Viewer)

braintic

HSC
N/A
This is not a criticism of your videos in particular, but the whole genre of maths videos.

I am not sure why people think that these videos are better than getting a lesson from your classroom teacher, assuming he/she is half reasonable.

I have yet to see a youtube maths series where the teacher is so amazing as to make the videos more valuable than a classroom presentation where you also get the opportunity to ask questions in class.

Most videos are made by people who have never taught, and so don't understand the areas where students have difficulties.

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think my videos, or any YouTube tutorials were meant to compete against tutors. The way I see it, it's more of a convenience thing, so that you revise when you can and at your own pace.

I don't think my videos are anywhere near perfect, but if there is a big demand for the maths videos, I will concentrate on that or else go back to the programming style videos I did.

Regardless thanks for the input. I do have a few ideas to compete against a class room teacher, but that will have to stay in my todo list until I finish my PhD

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
This is not a criticism of your videos in particular, but the whole genre of maths videos.

I am not sure why people think that these videos are better than getting a lesson from your classroom teacher, assuming he/she is half reasonable.

I have yet to see a youtube maths series where the teacher is so amazing as to make the videos more valuable than a classroom presentation where you also get the opportunity to ask questions in class.

Most videos are made by people who have never taught, and so don't understand the areas where students have difficulties.
Not everyone has a good teacher. Some people miss classes, some people don't understand a topic, some people need a new perspective, some people need a complete set of revision material.

These videos are fantastic Sachin, keep it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)