French doing French? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Why do people here do French? Are any of you from France, is it because French is at your school, do you wanna travel???

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
Why do people here do French? Are any of you from France, is it because French is at your school, do you wanna travel???
why did I do French? because I didn't want to do German, Italian nor Japanese. then I do French because I like learning languages and because I do want to travel. and because French is a cool language! :)

Normal?

Having a knowledge of French helps you get by in over 30 countries across the world, so i guess it is useful if you want to travel. It's also interesting to compare it to English, there are a lot os similarities and the study of a second language often helps your study of english. Besides it's also got some really nasty nswearwords! :giddy:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
its actually amazing how in so many of th elanbguages the words r so close to eng

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think they all stole from each other

how many eng words r there in the other lang? especially technology words

lm1122

HSC
Well I heard somewhere that if the plague hadn't happened most of would still be speaking French. Unfortunately it did, and so the two cultures were forced to separate and eventually, as languages do, went their separate ways...I always manage to pick up random trivia, though, so don't trust me on that one. By the way did you know that trivia comes from the greek for "three roads" because wherever three roads intersected they would post news and current events (see what i mean - random!).

Alors, il faut que j'etudie (je fais ma bac blanche en ce moment), donc salut tlm. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha v. random! so eng spread v. fast??

Lolliana

i do french coz it just rocks!
actually i chose it because we were promised a trip to noumea, we didnt end up going, but i did go on exchange to france, and now im planning on continuing french in uni, a second language is invaluable, i love being able to communicate with tourists, understanding french films, oh and my bow for vis arts has a french theme, so you could say im pretty obsessed

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lolliana
i do french coz it just rocks!
actually i chose it because we were promised a trip to noumea, we didnt end up going, but i did go on exchange to france, and now im planning on continuing french in uni, a second language is invaluable, i love being able to communicate with tourists, understanding french films, oh and my bow for vis arts has a french theme, so you could say im pretty obsessed
haha thats cool
i also love to be able to understand things!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)