french manicure (1 Viewer)

HSC
are do it yourself french manicures in at the moment they look tidy and stylish but take time.... do u think it is worth it????

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I don't know whether they are IN or not :confused:, but I ALWAYS do them myself! :uhhuh: Not only because I save money; but because I can do other designs on my nail at the same time --> there is more freedom! :p

If you do them yourself; you can do them EXACTLY how you want them and not have to spend time explaining to some lady how you want them!
Mind you, maybe one day I will go get them done professionally; just for fun! It is a bit time consuming sometimes doing them yourself; especially for me as I'm a bit of a perfectionist!

Oh well; whichever one is IN at the moment I have no idea; just opt for whichever one you can be bothered to do! :)

kaylz

HSC
now that everyone's getting french, it's not cool any more. especially the people with inch long acrylic talons. my nails are real, and pretty damn good if i do say so myself. I get a manicure once a month, and keep up with it myself. i have them nude pink atm.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I am so un-nail-polish-coordinant. I get french manicures but sometimes it just seems like a waste because I chip them so easily. I think I might get acrylics again, but I hate my nails after I take the fake nails off

kaylz

HSC
funky_a said:
I am so un-nail-polish-coordinant. I get french manicures but sometimes it just seems like a waste because I chip them so easily. I think I might get acrylics again, but I hate my nails after I take the fake nails off
don't do it. pay to get a manicure once in a while. it makes all the difference. acrylics are so ghetto and tacky. and they absolutely ruin your real nails.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Yeah.. I still have the acrylic grooves from like, 5 months ago from my formal. My nail grows sooo slow too. So yeah, I think I might nail-pamper myself by getting regular manicures

kaylz

HSC
funky_a said:
Yeah.. I still have the acrylic grooves from like, 5 months ago from my formal. My nail grows sooo slow too. So yeah, I think I might nail-pamper myself by getting regular manicures
it's cheaper than the upkeep of acrylics anyway. and soo much better.

shortie_689

HSC
i love french manicures... I usually have them done when i have acrylics mind you i also like bright pink nails...
but i like acrylics but hey its a acquired taste i guess

HSC
i love gels, their so much easier to maintain and dont chip or damage as easy also u can get the gel in a colour that u want to it looks like u have nail polish on but its permanent and u can get the matching nail polish to fill in the gaps as they grow in between visits to touch them up and the colour can be changed or painted over and u can get it done in a french also

*Scarlet

HSC
N/A
Put some punctuations please.
Can....not.....breathe.......

kaylz

HSC
kat-rox-ur-jox said:
i love gels, their so much easier to maintain and dont chip or damage as easy also u can get the gel in a colour that u want to it looks like u have nail polish on but its permanent and u can get the matching nail polish to fill in the gaps as they grow in between visits to touch them up and the colour can be changed or painted over and u can get it done in a french also
aren't they as damaging as acrylics though?

HSC
no becuase i had acrylics and they damaged my nails, so i tried gels and they have been no way near as damaging to my natural nails

stainmepink

HSC
painting ur nails and decorating them or whatever is a freaking bloody waste of time. what good does it do you to know that ur nails are sparkly and pretty? if its about getting the opposite sex to like you, chances are he'll be looking at ur face rather than at ur toes. or maybe even ur chest. nail polish is gross and turns ur nails yellow. its a waste of

1) time
2) money
3) effort.

HAH.

HSC
it feels clean and tidy, its the little extras that my boyfriend notices and that make me feel better, like wearing nice lacy underwear compared to nanna pants. it means you take the time to spend on your self

stainmepink

HSC
arent they a waste of time though? spending like what. an hour or two at a beauty salon, spending money there then having to sit through a unconditioned pink room filled with unpleasant fumes. i bet most boys wouldnt give an f about how ur hands looked like compared to ur face. having pretty nails is totally and utterly useless. having LONG pretty nails are worse, i mean what can you do with long nails? you cant play musical intruments, you cant play sports. you cant write without digging hard calcium into your palms. im so sick of girls who pamper themselves like anything.

its not all about the BOYS!! *gasp* :O

s0k0y0e0

HSC
kat-rox-ur-jox said:
are do it yourself french manicures in at the moment they look tidy and stylish but take time.... do u think it is worth it????
I did mine last night! They didn't take me too long at all! They aren't the best; but hey, I didn't pay like $50 for them! :uhhuh: :)

(I think they look a bit better in real life, rather than through the eyes of the camera!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)