French Speaking Exams HSC Dates 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

belleree98

Well I didn't have to contact them afterall!! My teacher did for me because her daughters do Italian beginners and that's the date apparantly the 10th. So the BOS is going to pay for a taxi to take us to the Italian exam centre lol. They could have avoided that by PUTTING THEM ON DIFFERENT DAYS.

*anticipates failure*

chepas

HSC
Ooh at least BOS is doing the taxi for you. But omg you poor thing. Please don't pack it too much on the day! And don't confuse yourself!

Lileane

HSC
Gah, yeah I have French Ext and Italian Beginners on the same day. I think they're going to transport the teachers around. I'm one of those "block study one subject at a time" people so I'm going to die.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
chepas said:
melsc re 'si: Gosh that must be hell confusing especially concerning the French usage of 'si' :D. You also have your pseudo-faux amis 'pour que' and 'perché' etc. Are genders of words at least the same! Ain't the case with German, and if you get the gender wrong in German you have dire consequences...
The genders arent really the same...and italian has (il, i, la, le, gli, lo l') 7 diff ways of saying the...the only things that are the same are grammar rules and irregular verbs...but really it is helpful and annoying at the same time...things like Le in french is fem sing...but in italian is fem pl...

Slightly off topic - but our skool finally got some phosphore magazines....sooooooo cooolll...except i find them a lil hard to understand

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
*bumps surreptitiously*

How are all the 05ers going?
A mate of mine had her Japanese Continuers Interrogation on the weekend and she said it wasn't too bad, but that she was glad she'd prepared for healthy lifestyles.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
melsc said:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/hsc_lang_exam_ttable_05.pdf
The dates 4 the french speaking exams have been released.

Beginners - Monday 29 August 9.30am
Continuers - Saturday 10th September 9.00am - 4.00pm
Extension - Saturday 17th September 9.00am - 4.00pm

Aaarrgh, bloody hell, that has got to suck. Extension clashes big time with the opening of our school's performing arts centre. That's cause the only concerts not invitation-only are the 15th and 16th which are on the lead-up which means my Frenchy friends won't be able to come.

< / end stupid selfish rant from girl who hoped her Frenchy friends would be able to see PAC concerts>

Anyway, I'll shut up now before I dig myself into a bigger hole. It was just an idiotic exclamation of anger.

chepas

HSC
If any of you do not have your letters yet, see your language teacher or the BOS rep in your school NOW. They will either ring the relevent people or give you the numbers to ring and get info out of BOS - it's what I had to do...

Especially if you have two exams on the same day or very close to each other. Normally it wouldn't have been left so late, can't believe it :S.

Skip

Yeah, still waiting on mine. I'll give em a ring if I haven't got one by Friday.

chepas

HSC
Mmm there seems to be something ridiculously stupid going on. With the a lot of the exams already underway and finished, no French letters out? And beginners are next Monday!

To reiterate, seriously, if you still have no idea where your letter is, Beginners, don't leave it till Friday! Get it sorted out as soon as possible. The fuss and crap that you will have to go through on the day of the exam is not worth it if you still have no idea when or where to go... Get it all over and done with by contacting them now.

And even though the Continuers and Extensioners have a bit more time, get it over and done with now!

knobblett

HSC
Letters came today. All good people.
Woo hooo for Ravenswood 9am for Cont/Ext!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)