Friend Travelling From Nz... (1 Viewer)

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
hi there,
my friend from nz is coming over to australia in a couple of hours...
knowing how expensive transport fares are here in australia, i wanted to ask whether she can use her uni student card to obtain rights to purchase 'consession/student' fares instead of 'adult' ones??

and if not, do any of you know where i can go to get her this entitlement for concession/student fares??

really need help.
thanks,,

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Um she can't unless she's got the right sort of concession. I don't think she's entitled to get concession with cityrail/ state transit, she'd have to pay the full fare. You need the red city-rail spot on your student card, and you only get that if you're a full time student in aust (for NSW anyway).

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
yeh thats what i thought too....do you think there is anything i can do?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
DownInFlames said:
Um she can't unless she's got the right sort of concession. I don't think she's entitled to get concession with cityrail/ state transit, she'd have to pay the full fare. You need the red city-rail spot on your student card, and you only get that if you're a full time student in aust (for NSW anyway).
Yeah, pretty sure that's right.

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
that is yuck. considering that means she must pay twice more than me...baaaa

Peartie

HSC
yep, full fare unless you're under 15 or have the foil on your student card...it does suck...every other country ive been in that has student fares accepts the ISIC as well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)