• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

friends after hs (1 Viewer)

Pastilles

HSC
N/A
after being in uni for almost 2 semesters, ive come to realise that i have drifted from my closest high school friends. although they were good friends, it just seems like we all grew apart. friends come friends go i suppose.

How many of you still keep in contact with your hs friends? how many of you have drifted away from your closest and bestest friends?

do you talk/keep up with them on a daily basis?

thinking about it does make me sad, like only just a year ago i was able to talk to them about anything and everything. but now....yea.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I just see them once every two months or something.

I still do some things with them every now and then, usually in the holidays.

williamliu96

HSC
Uni Grad
I know how you feel. I guess ppl move on because of the different pathways that they are taking and they make new friends taking that same pathway. Unless you are taking the same pathway (same university would be good at least), good to make some new friends at Uni, there are heaps i would imagine.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I think it is rather unrealistic to expect daily communication, people have different timetables/work/exam periods so you'll be busy at different periods of the semester.

I talk to my good friends probably once or twice a week

integral95

HSC
just pretty much organise a hangout with my HS friends at uni breaks for me

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It's natural for things to drift. I think you tend to be better friends with people you see regularly because you're not just 'catching up' with them all the time, but being active in their lives.

When I was at school, I was part of a close group of 5 people. I see two of them every three weeks, one every 3 months or so, and the other barely ever. But then friends I've met at uni I see far more regularly because I have class with them weekly, and people I'm friends with from work, I see 4-5 days a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)