Friends Final Episode. (1 Viewer)

Fry

i feel that the last season was too rushed. at least there's going to be a spin-off, that will ease the pain somewhat.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
i feel that the last season was too rushed. at least there's going to be a spin-off, that will ease the pain somewhat.
True. I hope the rest of the Friends cast make regular guest appearances:).

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Here's what I'm goona do without it. Rejoice for about three hours with some sort of wild celebratory dancing and revel in the fact that finally one of the world's unfunniest "sitcom's" has finally got the bullet between the eyes that it should have got in about season 2.
Here's my impression of friends

Hi Rachel (crowd laughs hysterically)
Hi (crowd laughs hysterically) They don't even no what they're laughing at. The script writing is formulaic and predicatble.

However any sort of celebration will be muted by the fact that Channel 9 will, like all the jokes on the show, get a shovel retrieve the deceased horse and proceed to flog it, by that mean we've got 10 years of repeats on the way.

Sorry to rain on this threads parade but I had to take the opportunity to get my self indulgent rant out of the way, so you can go back to praisng the show if you like it now.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha i watched for the hell of it although i haven't watched friends regularly since i was about 11 - yay for ross and rachel :D although i was going, PARIS, RACHEL, PARIS!

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Oh that was a sweet eppy :(

Channel Nine raped it with their 'Harry Potter' and 'Joey' adverts to cut short abruptly any sort of attachment or reflection.

AND they cut out the Goodbye from the studio and cast at the end.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
It was all a bit too... neat. They all lived happily ever after. nothing happened/ eveyrthing got a special goodbye of its own. Longstanding jokes were rehashed. It was the ending it had to be i guess.

Anyone else think ross was completely selfish for stopping rachael from going? seriously, if he loved her he would've realised that was her dream and followed her, and not stopped her from leaving.

Having said that i did still enjoy it, i've watched it for the full ten years so i had to see how it all worked out!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I was watching the last friends because there was nothing else on TV and I don't understand why the largest friend, Ross, didn't just eat the other friends?

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
i thought it was sweet and tidy

as for ross...i suppose love is a selfish thing...plus i think rachel would be happier with her friends

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Argonaut said:
I already knew how it ended, Channel Seven played the final two minutes
Where RAchel returned to Ross
ages ago to one-up NBN.
when??

i didn't think it was a great ending but what else could they do, it was ok

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
it was like the ending of 'sex and the city'........happy endings all round. but isn't that why we have television shows like friends ? ross and rachel, carrie and big.....i'm happy with that !

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Well, there wasnt much they could do but give us proper closure. They added their twists and unexpected moments like the twins, and so on - but tried to make some parts original - e.g. the fuseball table...the 'phalanges' on the plane...etc.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Ziff said:
I was watching the last friends because there was nothing else on TV and I don't understand why the largest friend, Ross, didn't just eat the other friends?

*bows down to a masterful quote of Lrrr*

ryaneco

HSC
dead cactus said:
It was all a bit too... neat. They all lived happily ever after. nothing happened/ eveyrthing got a special goodbye of its own. Longstanding jokes were rehashed. It was the ending it had to be i guess.

Anyone else think ross was completely selfish for stopping rachael from going? seriously, if he loved her he would've realised that was her dream and followed her, and not stopped her from leaving.

Having said that i did still enjoy it, i've watched it for the full ten years so i had to see how it all worked out!
I think that was the point of the final episode, i mean we couldn't have any drastic things happen in the final episode of a comedy sitcom, i loved it because they kinda treated the last one like they would with any other episode, and i liked the fact that the formula seemed to go back to older seasons, with the flange which pheebs constantly repeated in around season 5, and the chick and the duck finally knew what happened to them. I cried so much it was very sad, i'm going to miss that show, and i agree with you silverstone they totallt raped the final of promos for joey and harry potter, couldn't they have waited for the credits to finish then play "and next year of nine - joey and tune in sunday for the premiere of harry potter or whatever"

mishka

HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
haha i watched for the hell of it although i haven't watched friends regularly since i was about 11 - yay for ross and rachel :D although i was going, PARIS, RACHEL, PARIS!
hahaha i remember in year 4, (when we were in 4/5B) you were *like* the biggest Friends fan ever!! :p

i liked how the episode ended, although i would've liked to see more on what happened to phoebe...

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
ryaneco said:
I think that was the point of the final episode, i mean we couldn't have any drastic things happen in the final episode of a comedy sitcom, i loved it because they kinda treated the last one like they would with any other episode, and i liked the fact that the formula seemed to go back to older seasons, with the flange which pheebs constantly repeated in around season 5, and the chick and the duck finally knew what happened to them. I cried so much it was very sad, i'm going to miss that show, and i agree with you silverstone they totallt raped the final of promos for joey and harry potter, couldn't they have waited for the credits to finish then play "and next year of nine - joey and tune in sunday for the premiere of harry potter or whatever"
true, and i did enjoy it overall, but i just wanted something to happen that wasn't so stock-standard. yeah, the twins were a surpirse, but there just needed to be something more for me. i think i would have been happy if rachel had've moved to paris, regardless of whether ross followed her, simply because it would have been more of a moving on thing for her, to show how far she has come in the past ten years. i didn't expect anything too drastic, like a death - none of them annoy me that much!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Argonaut said:
There was a story about some guy in Sydney who was fed up with Channel 9 taking so long to air the final episode (and let's face it, a lot of people lost interest) that he ended up ordering a copy of it from Dubai because they saw it months before us (and they were one of the last countries to get it).
Yeah, I forgot half of what happened in the first half of the season because of that massive break:mad:!

Silverstone said:
AND they cut out the Goodbye from the studio and cast at the end.
I know, and they put in that stupid thing at the beginning instead:mad:. I wonder if that documentary is included in the Season 10 Boxed Set:).

dead cactus said:
No, because she realised she loved Ross as well and wanted to be with him too:).

dead cactus said:
The whole ten years, hey? I would have been only nine or some when the first season premiered and I wasn't really into television at that age, plus my parents didn't let me watch much television:(. I started watching at the end of season three:).

Argonaut said:
I already knew how it ended, Channel Seven played the final two minutes
Where RAchel returned to Ross
ages ago to one-up NBN.
That wasn't a spoiler. The finale had already finished:p.

Silverstone said:
Well, there wasnt much they could do but give us proper closure. They added their twists and unexpected moments like the twins, and so on - but tried to make some parts original - e.g. the fuseball table...the 'phalanges' on the plane...etc.
That phalanges line was one of the funniest all season:D!

ryaneco said:
and i agree with you silverstone they totallt raped the final of promos for joey and harry potter, couldn't they have waited for the credits to finish then play "and next year of nine - joey and tune in sunday for the premiere of harry potter or whatever"
Yeah, I know! I wasn't happy about that either:mad:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)