From Glasses to Contact Lenses (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
Hey I've been wearing glasses for a long time now, and I want to make the jump to wearing contact lenses, and I just want to ask:
  • are there any risks?
  • has your life improved?
  • does the fact that you are sticking something in your eye bother you? or does it become no different to say putting on a retainer?
  • how often do you have to take them out?
as well as this any other helpful advice would be really nice! cheers

starryXnite

HSC
ive been wearing glasses for a long time as well too

i just started wearing them at the end of last year

i dont think there is really i risk in wearing contacts

at first a thought it was scary but after i went to optometrist to try them on it wasnt as bad as i thought but for me it took me await to get the jang of taking the contact out tho

i think its better than glasses cause they seem clearer for me

i take them out before i sleep or before i take a shower cause my contacts are daily ones but you can get like monthly ones if you want i thought the daily ones seem more convenient

hope this helps:)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
1. no not really as long as you are hygienic and put them in properly. If you dont put them in properly you might accidentally scratch your eye, let infection in etc and if you arent hygienic, well again your eye will get infected.

2. Yes i feel it has, you have a wider field of good vision, its probably pretty much what it feels like to have normal eyes, i feel more confident and attractive and "normal". I guess that sounds pretty stupid, but i feel like strangers treat me different when i have contacts in compared to glasses so either i actually am more attractive to people, or i have more confidence by thinking i am more attractive and people react positively to that confidence, i have no idea which it is.

3. It doesnt, i guess its a little bit odd if you think about it, and a couple of times people have barged in while i am doing it and i am like "WTF iam sticking something into my fucking eye here, can you atleast knock and not surprise me like that?" its not like putting in a retainer because you need to respect your contacts more than that and do it properly every time, but yeah its very easy, just slip them in, blink a couple of times and go on your way.

4. umm maybe we have different types? mine are like 14 wears i think, i dont use them every day only when i go out at night or to uni or something social like that. You take them out when you get home and want to go to bed. Once they are in you dont notice them and you dont take them out until you want to leave them out.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Risk um i suppose you could damage some part of your cornea or iris but this is quite rare. Just don't sleep with them if you do decide to get them.

I've been wearing them for about 3 years now. I must say it makes thing a lot easier. I tended not to wear my glasses out much at all and my vision was really dodgy then. Now I don't need to squint and I hardly have any issues with them on. Once in a while (say a month) my eyes get dried but dont worry about there's always drops for that.

You get useto sticking it on your eye so much you can touch your eye without even looking in a mirror! its pretty cool cos most people cant do that haha.

I wear disposables because theyre more hygenic. I had monthly ones before but when I was younger I had issues with them cos I was a bit rough with them and they tore. Early on don't wear it for more then a few hours then after a week or two step that up to 5-8 hours and then after that wear it from morning until before you sleep.

If I were you, i'd at least try them out. They're not for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)