Fuck Rudd is a dickhead (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Dude. TONY ABBOTT. He is going to be much more 'family friendly' than Rudd. If you don't want censorship, vote for the greens (but these guys tend to support labor more than the libs anyway). But I'm quite sure abbott would do the same if not more in regard to censorship. He's much more conservative than rudd, rudd only introduced the policy to get votes, but abbott actually believes in this shit
Read my posts. I DO vote Greens. But there's no way I'm letting my vote go to Labour if it leaks. I'll risk it with Abbott (remember he's still beholden to his party, which ditched the idea of compulsory censorship in favour of opt-in censorship not long before Rudd won election). At least the Greens will be there to say "fuck off" to any dumbshit ideas, having full Senate control next election. But so far Abbott hasn't introduced an Internet censorship scheme like China's. Rudd has.

To quote Justin:

waf said:
RE: Rudd v Abbott: Abbott is well and truly the lesser of two evils. He thinks aloud and says silly things, but I see this as very genuine and a nice change from Rudd's ability to talk for hours and say nothing. Rudd's also more insidious, insofar as he is actively attempting to legislate morality, while Abbott will say things but have no real intention of following through on them.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Who cares how many tax breaks were given? Just as long as the budget was still in surplus, there was no harm in this. In fact, many would argue that there is great benefit in the longer-term from lower taxes.
You're also forgetting that whilst income tax fell during the Howard era, consumption tax rose (GST), so some of these tax decreases are offset. Not to mention the fact that earnings from compnay tax skyrocketed during the period, so it makes good sense to give the extra cash back to individuals.
1) The budget was in "surplus" in that the Government was earning more money than they expected, not more money than they needed. We were still in debt (and have been for a long long time).

2) The people who argue that tax breaks across all brackets are good in the long term are the people who do not live on social welfare or do not need things like Public transport (in my experience of every debate I have had with such a person)

3) Actually the GST just compounded a whole lot of other taxes into one, and in many cases made certain items cost less in the long run and items that were being undertaxed taxed to where they should have been.

4) What exactly do you mean "earning from Company Tax skyrocketed"?

sad thing is. the Keynesian ideology that Rudd has used is the only thing taught in year 11 economics. not even a mention of Murray Rothbard or Milton freedmen
This may have something to do with the fact that both those men wanted to abolish government and let the free market rule... because OBVIOUSLY, from recent events, we can see that the Free market is a fair and just system that takes care of the things that need to be taken care of in a society...

I'd prefer full privatisation of the health care system but we don't always get what we want...........................

but to answer your question yes i would prefer a leader to take months in careful planning and analysis but unless abbot thinks of something Rudd is going to take full advantage
And to this I say....

Just look at what has happened with Private Healthcare in the states.

And most Doctors, particularly GPs (My father being one) would tell you that Private Healthcare firms, even in Australia where they have strict rules, are awful to deal with any many doctors don't want to have anything to do with them...

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
1) The budget was in "surplus" in that the Government was earning more money than they expected, not more money than they needed.
Explain this 'needed' revenue to me, if you mean anything other than revenue required to pay for expenditure
We were still in debt (and have been for a long long time).
Governments are always in debt m8

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Explain this 'needed' revenue to me, if you mean anything other than revenue required to pay for expenditure

Governments are always in debt m8
They slowly reduced their planned expenditure, giving less money to projects that should be happening.

Lemme see...

the revenue to pay teachers and public nurses more than shit-all... (and they wonder why we have a mass shortage of Nurses and Maths and Science teachers)

The revenue to fix the shit roads and shit public transport (or lack thereof across a large amount of the country)

and a miriad of other problems that while keeping taxes and throwing money at the problem wouldn't help, reducing taxes was more of a hindrance...

and Governments shouldn't need to be it debt if they balance their budgets properly and pay it off :)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
and Governments shouldn't need to be it debt if they balance their budgets properly and pay it off :)
yo
governments are always in debt
go learn your shit

p.s. are you advocating some retarded balanced budget scheme?

Last edited:

alexmcdonnell

HSC
They slowly reduced their planned expenditure, giving less money to projects that should be happening.

Lemme see...

the revenue to pay teachers and public nurses more than shit-all... (and they wonder why we have a mass shortage of Nurses and Maths and Science teachers)

The revenue to fix the shit roads and shit public transport (or lack thereof across a large amount of the country)

and a miriad of other problems that while keeping taxes and throwing money at the problem wouldn't help, reducing taxes was more of a hindrance...

No offence but you need to understand the scale of the debts most all if not all governments have, saying balance the budget properly and pay it off is just stupid, you expect the fairies to come and whisk the debt away.
If the government balances out so it pays off the debt you can say goodbye to transport systems and welfare projects, the reason they cant pay off the debt is because the amount of tax raising or loss of welfare and stuff for the tax payers would be so bad that the government woul end up being sacked asap.

We pay for hundreds of people to work out what to do with all, people with decades of experience and multiple uni degrees, these people dont always get it right but they get pretty close. Think about this amazing country that you live in and stop complaining.

As for the internet well I'd like to see Rudd try, China has the power to enforce theres through over a hundred years of communist terror, the few brave enough that try to come against the government are quickly and quiety taken care of. In australia we can and will say whatever we like and we'd crush any numbskull stupid enough to try and put that through.

I will agree though that lessening of tax is just stupid, it gives them less money and people will eventually forget it was lowered and raise a stink once they decide to raise it back up

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
No offence but you need to understand the scale of the debts most all if not all governments have, saying balance the budget properly and pay it off is just stupid, you expect the fairies to come and whisk the debt away.
If the government balances out so it pays off the debt you can say goodbye to transport systems and welfare projects, the reason they cant pay off the debt is because the amount of tax raising or loss of welfare and stuff for the tax payers would be so bad that the government woul end up being sacked asap.

We pay for hundreds of people to work out what to do with all, people with decades of experience and multiple uni degrees, these people dont always get it right but they get pretty close. Think about this amazing country that you live in and stop complaining.

As for the internet well I'd like to see Rudd try, China has the power to enforce theres through over a hundred years of communist terror, the few brave enough that try to come against the government are quickly and quiety taken care of. In australia we can and will say whatever we like and we'd crush any numbskull stupid enough to try and put that through.

I will agree though that lessening of tax is just stupid, it gives them less money and people will eventually forget it was lowered and raise a stink once they decide to raise it back up
Sixty-one dude. Close, though.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
What are you even talking about?
Debt is healthy. Debt allows the cost of infrastructure and long-term investments to be spread out amongst generations, as it should be. Not just that, but debt is also necessary for the day-to-day running of the country. Governments borrow short-term, highly liquid funds to fix unexpected holes in their budget throughout the year, because not all their expenses and revenues arrive at the same time, with perfect synchronisation.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I've seen a lot of posts about Rudd censoring the net, but has he proposed what he wants/was/is going to censor?

And moll, what would you have done if you were in Rudd's position? I'm curious to know.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I've seen a lot of posts about Rudd censoring the net, but has he proposed what he wants/was/is going to censor?
That's half the problem. The list of censored sites is private, not for public release.

And moll, what would you have done if you were in Rudd's position? I'm curious to know.
With regards to what?

iNegro

HSC
I hate Kevin Rudd, and I think his Internet Policies are terrible and alot of what he does is disgusting in terms of freedom, however our political system is fucked up.

I blame Kevin Rudd alot, for ignoring what Labor governments are about and trying to appeal to the conservative side of the population assuming people are going to vote for him.

Tony Abbott on the other hand, is a worser case. He's a conservative, mysogynist, homophobic cunt who has no place in any political party especially not the leader of the opposition party.

Labor may need to lose the next election and remove Kevin Rudd, however both parties are blending together in this terrible wave of conservativism.

Kevin Rudd was suppossedly 1st in History in the State when he went to school, however it seems to have unnaffected him completely. Famous, well-respected leaders in the past such as Abraham Lincoln, were successful due to the fact that they did not mix their own ideals with what was best for the people. Abraham Lincoln was married to a slave holder and most likely did not wish to see it's immiediate abolition, however he did what was would benefit society, progression. An internet filter is just making Australia the butt of jokes of other countries, our political system and view that censorship is fine, because we are children is making us look like a backward society and country.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
With regards to what?
What you would have done to, more or less, save Australia from recession during the GFC? I'm not asking this in a 10 year old tone of "THEN U DO BETTA" either. Just saw the degree you are doing in your sig and figured you'd have a more enlightened view than I do.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
What you would have done to, more or less, save Australia from recession during the GFC? I'm not asking this in a 10 year old tone of "THEN U DO BETTA" either. Just saw the degree you are doing in your sig and figured you'd have a more enlightened view than I do.
I wouldn't have tightened workplace regulation at a time when unemployment was set to rise substantially. There, already one better.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
1) The budget was in "surplus" in that the Government was earning more money than they expected, not more money than they needed. We were still in debt (and have been for a long long time).
Actually the Howard government paid of all public debt.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Actually the Howard government paid of all public debt.
Wrong. Howard didn't pay off ALL public debt. He payed off the excessive debt that years of deficit spending resulted in. Paying off all public debt isn't proper financial economics - government securities are an integral component of financial portfolios in modern business.

twistedrebel

HSC
australai did have have surplus (net debt was in minus compared to GDP)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)