fucking timetables (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
so i guess the people that told me at enrollment timetables would be available feb 12 were wrong.... ughhhhhhhhhhhhkldsfja
Well yes they couldn't have known anyway since we don't tell any staff members the proposed release date anyway....

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
why the hell not?
itd be good if we had some proper notice as to when exactly timetables come out

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
so i guess the people that told me at enrollment timetables would be available feb 12 were wrong.... ughhhhhhhhhhhhkldsfja
UFhawiucnFHUAfhfuahfew gazzaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Seriously.

jet

Banned
HSC
why the hell not?
itd be good if we had some proper notice as to when exactly timetables come out
Because for any number of reasons we might not go live on that date.

ibbi00

HSC
Well then, what date do you HOPE the timetables go live? It's really not that hard, you just do the usual [Insert date]* bullshit.
*Disclaimer: This date may change without prior notice because hackers have proven to be unpredicatble in light of recent website attacks bla bla bla.

jet

Banned
HSC
The answer was always around the middle of February and I'm not allowed to say any more than that.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
what is it, like a competition or something? whoever finds out that timetables are out first gets the best one? hardly fair. This isn't tickets to a one night concert we're talking about, this is how we will spend 13 weeks of our lives.

Or you know, maybe USYD could just embrase technology instead of being so old-fashioned and adopt a similar enrollment/timetabling strategy to cooler unis like UNSW

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Aw don't be angry at Jet cos he is just doing his job.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not, im angry at our fail university

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
what is it, like a competition or something? whoever finds out that timetables are out first gets the best one? hardly fair. This isn't tickets to a one night concert we're talking about, this is how we will spend 13 weeks of our lives.

Or you know, maybe USYD could just embrase technology instead of being so old-fashioned and adopt a similar enrollment/timetabling strategy to cooler unis like UNSW
first in first serve baby.

oh-em-gee

HSC
I'm not, im angry at our fail university
Honestly, I don't see why it matters that you can't get your timetable until a couple of weeks before semester.

If you have a job, it should be flexible enough to work around uni, if it isn't, then you'll end up having to blow it off for some assignment anyway.

And as far as I know, it isn't first come, first serve, because - and I don't know if you've noticed this yet - you can't actually choose your tutorial times. You can only choose when they are not, and that means that it isn't compatible with a "first come, first serve" system.

And if you are angry at "out fail university", then I wonder why you haven't gone and transferred elsewhere.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, I don't see why it matters that you can't get your timetable until a couple of weeks before semester.

If you have a job, it should be flexible enough to work around uni, if it isn't, then you'll end up having to blow it off for some assignment anyway.

And as far as I know, it isn't first come, first serve, because - and I don't know if you've noticed this yet - you can't actually choose your tutorial times. You can only choose when they are not, and that means that it isn't compatible with a "first come, first serve" system.

And if you are angry at "out fail university", then I wonder why you haven't gone and transferred elsewhere.
Lots of my friends need 1 month+ notice to get their timetable in because they do their rosters that far in advance... and they don't need to blow work off to do assignments? Do them in advance and you can work?

If you're patient enough you can pretty much choose your times. I wanted one specific prac group and it was full until semester actually started, but I got it. Only reason I didn't get it to start off with is because I didn't get permission to do it til a week or so before the semester started and missed out. So yes, it is first come, first serve.

And our uni is good, just has the worst timetabling. Not worth transferring elsewhere for...

Last edited:

dafs2

HSC

Um, yeah you can actually can choose your tutorial times. Contrary to what they WRITE on the website, every year i've gone into Carslaw or whatever it was to modify my timetable and asked them to "put me in this tutorial". And they've always done it.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC

Annoying attitude is annoying...

Look, I haven't even been complaining about it on here, but seriously... I am applying for jobs at the moment in Sydney because I've just moved here, and it really is an inconvenience when I'm not able to list my available days/hours. Most employers, especially if you're a new employee, won't really appreciate having to "work around you". It works the other way around I'm afraid.

jet

Banned
HSC
Annoying attitude is annoying...

Look, I haven't even been complaining about it on here, but seriously... I am applying for jobs at the moment in Sydney because I've just moved here, and it really is an inconvenience when I'm not able to list my available days/hours. Most employers, especially if you're a new employee, won't really appreciate having to "work around you". It works the other way around I'm afraid.
You could always look on the website and choose a timetable that's appropriate for work. You have the ability to block off two 5-hour periods of time or one day to see what that gets you. If it isn't enough, you can come to timetable changes with the times you chose and let them know that you're working on say Thursday and Friday and the person who helps you will try their best to fit around that for you.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

Gosh sorry for living 3 hours away from uni and not wanting morning classes before 10am or to go into uni for 1 lecture only and stuff.

HSC
sweetie every uni will have similar timetabling it\'s only the system thats different so stop whining

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
um no i helped my friend who goes to UNSW and is new to university stuff enrol today and she actually got to chose each one of her classes from a list of times and it was amazing okay

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I hate when girls call other girls sweety when they're bitching. Fucking annoying.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
um no i helped my friend who goes to UNSW and is new to university stuff enrol today and she actually got to chose each one of her classes from a list of times and it was amazing okay
Because UNSW is awesome. That is all. =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)