'Full Tape An Osama Woe Show' (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
And a full investigation was instigated into those ALLEGED claims (unless the findings have been published, if so link me).

Anyway, the point is that behaviour is not condoned by the Israeli army. But Palestinian suicide bombers are.

So while, yes, that is a horrible act, it's not supported and not the normal method of operations.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Suicide bombings are not condoned by the PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY. Suicide bombings are organised by the al-asqua (offshot of PA), hezbollah (created in responde to the US backed ISRAELI invasion of Lebanon).

You can't argue that behaviour is not condoned by israel and then accuse the palestinian authority of things it does not condone.

As for anti-semitism, I am not an anti-semite as far as Israel/Palestine goes my politics roughly align with those of Eric Hobsbawm (a jewish intellectual). I do not like the zionist movement and all it entails, I find common ground with sections of the Jewish community.

And how you can claim the moral high ground makes me wonder about your intelligence. The Israeli's (lets not confuse the word Israeli with Jew) invaded Palestine after WWII and displaced it's people. They did so with American hardware.

The UNITED NATIONS negotiated a peace along the green line, the frontier in 1967. Since then the Israeli's have been ILLEGALLY settling in PALESTINIAN territory.

The Israeli Defence Force (IDF) has sporadically, however regularly, INVADED palestinian territory ever since. If Israel controls palestine (the OCCUPIED TERRITORIES) then it would be nice to give them the VOTE. If they are not then they are by default a subjugated people kept in an inferior position to israelis.

As far as terroist acts not being the normal methods of operations for the IDF, that is a lie. Multiple terroist acts are commited DAILY. Palestinians are rounded up and taken to prison camps and kept indefinately and without trial.

Innocent palestinians are shot, beaten, tortured and abused.

And if you even think of history: eg PA doesn't condone terroism but the PLO used to then how about you visit lebanon, and go to the Chatilla and Sabra refugee camps.

Rorix your attitude comes close to making me physically sick, you have an incredibly narrow understanding of well everything. To your credit you are willing to engage in debate, sorry about the rant, you got me riled up lol.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
Logical and rational?

HE ORDERED TWO PLANES FLY INTO A BUILDING.
The potential of Al Qaeda as an actor in world politics is reflected in the far-reaching strategy it has adopted for achieving its goals. Bin Laden and his followers wage terrorist warfare on the US partly with the strategic aim of discrediting the aforementioned Middle Eastern regimes who are “representatives of an alien civilisation…pretend to follow Islam and represent their own people when in actuality they stand in thrall to Western culture while serving as puppets of the Western powers.” Since the Western powers are the ultimate guarantors of the post-Westphalian international system, a rejection of their influence in the Middle East would allow the status quo to be redrawn, hopefully, in the eyes of Al Qaeda, along fundamentalist Islamic lines.

Doran uses the analogy of conflict with America as a “trojan horse” for extremist Islam. By using propaganda and the rhetoric of an anti-imperialist war bin Laden and his followers hope to reach a broader audience in the Middle East. With a greater support base, they may then be able to topple the apostate regimes by aligning them with the enemy, the West. The success of Al Qaeda’s divisive propaganda and anti-imperialist strategy can be seen in the 36% of Kuwaitis polled who thought that the 9-11 attacks were justifiable. Brigitte L. Nacos adds that 9-11 sparked a “cooling off” of Saudi-American relations and that Al Qaeda had succeeded in creating an, although small, gulf between Arab and American states. While there was no “cataclysmic clash of civilisations,” the evidence shows that Al Qaeda experienced successes through the 9-11 operation, demonstrating its strength as a political actor.

this is perhaps the only time anything i do in my arts degree will be of use outside uni

*flips burger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)