Fully Sic Bro, CAR WORLD (2 Viewers)

Patricio

UNSW Member
well if we're gonna be silly now, i'll recommend a Porsche GT3.

seriously tho, the reason I don't like 350z's are cos they are meant to carry on from the 300zx. The 300zx has a much nicer shape, and whats even stranger, is that the 350z is less powerful and a fair bit slower (and this is the newer of the two cars !?). Because for some reason they decided to leave a turbo off this model (I don't know why), it will never be able to keep up with all those other cars mentioned...WRX, Audi TT, 300zx...not even the honda s2000!! (you know things are getting strange when a nissan is slower than a honda).

thats it Agnes!! ...no TT ride for you : P

here's a nice one (minus the modified taillights)
http://www.cuyahogavalleyvelo.com/img/pacecar_chagrin.jpg[/url]

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Originally posted by Patricio

thats it Agnes!! ...no TT ride for you : P
aww :( i wasnt dissing the TT's dont get me wrong i love the car, just sayin that it wasnt on his choice of options ;) so do i still get that ride or wat..... ; )

M-THIS

mate those S2000... are awesome, really, redline 9ks, fastest/hardest 4 cylinder NA car on the market.

300zx has 2 turbos, 350 nill.

300zx are getting too old,

Jamoe

the upper reaches of the North Shore of Sydney Cit
yeh my dad's got an S2000, my parents when down to the snow last week, and forgot to take the keys with them.

living less then 2 mins away from the F3 ive been having happy little night excursions for the last week:cool:

but yeh they red line at 9k and you should feel the power once your over 7000rpm

steven_tiger

i've got a dual cab hz ute that my dad built.

mint condition with all original gts dash, steering wheel and interior.

motor is only a 253 though.

Patricio

UNSW Member
yeh thats the prob with VTECs in hondas, they don't kick in until high revs...i like S2000s, convertibles are mad...its just that maybe they should add a turbo onto the VTEC engine, because the S2000 is pushing something like 174 kW now (great for a n/a 4), but its 0-100 is still a fair bit behind say a WRX which is like 157 kW.

m-this, so what if it redlines at 9000? All that means is that it takes higher revs (and more time) to gain any decent power. Thats why type-r's (and anything 'vtec' thats not an s2000) never stand a change against a decent turbo car.

300ZXs are getting too old? Well, they're faster than S2000s and the 350Z...they still look hot - way more aerodynamic...whats not to like?

that was my point about the 350z...they should have turbo'd it...why would a car maker put out a new Z car thats slower than the old Z ?...

Agnes, we'll see ; )

N

ND

300ZXs are getting too old? Well, they're faster than S2000s and the 350Z...they still look hot - way more aerodynamic...whats not to like?
Too heavy... not too good for dorifto. :p

S

staity

dual cab hz? mate thats fuckin beautiful. i just sold my car to my mate in canberra, HQ with 253 in it, fuckin deep tridents, dualies, and this fuckin beautiful sparkly orange paint job. thing is, it sticks out like dogs balls around coppers. the red 253 is still a fuckin good engine, but drew (in canberra) has put the 253 in his other hz, and hes putting a blown 350 in the HQ. fuck they live a good life down there in canberra! :p nah that dualcab hz sounds fuckin beautiful. coming home from sydney the other day there was a hz campervan int he mountains, homemade setup with the cab just reaching up and moulding into the van, with a 308 in it :p
theres some class gettin about!

steven_tiger

dad and i are gunna take the HZ to the summernats this year.. if you see us around come say hello ;)

its a silver/grey dual cab.. look out for it.

S

staity

fk'oath mate, i doubt it will escape my attention! :p
ill be the drunk one, with the V8, checking out the mam' situation
:p

needtostudy

Originally posted by Patricio
yeh thats the prob with VTECs in hondas, they don't kick in until high revs...i like S2000s, convertibles are mad...its just that maybe they should add a turbo onto the VTEC engine, because the S2000 is pushing something like 174 kW now (great for a n/a 4), but its 0-100 is still a fair bit behind say a WRX which is like 157 kW.

m-this, so what if it redlines at 9000? All that means is that it takes higher revs (and more time) to gain any decent power. Thats why type-r's (and anything 'vtec' thats not an s2000) never stand a change against a decent turbo car.

that was my point about the 350z...they should have turbo'd it...why would a car maker put out a new Z car thats slower than the old Z ?...

Agnes, we'll see ; )

honda made v-tec so they didn't need to have turbo, they have the most advance gear timing above all companies which makes them the best in that department, since turbo costs a lot to maintain also insurance many people prefer na hence honda have focused in that area, for a fact is a Integra type R stock can beat a 200sx stock, the s2000 is quicker then the type R, the s2000 may cost a lot, but the main buyers they focused at wasn't guys doing quarter miles, this car is a cruiser, and if put to the test at track will kill a lot of turbo cars, the s2000 and type R wasn't specifically aimed at the quarter mile, yet if you look at their car setup and design they are very quick around winding roads and tracks, especially when v-tec comes on when exiting corners, not even turbo cars dare to floor it.

if you go track days or winding roads a lot you would know the quickest cars are usually integra type R's, but when you add say a exhaust system from the engine to a integra type R and 200sx you will see the bigger gains in the 200sx and it will have more potential.

i have driven a b18c-r in a civic, worked engine, and let me tell you this thing flies !! it easily falls into the high 12's i would take it to 9000rpm and this thing would constantly have the power there, around 5400rpm is when you would see v-tec come on beautiful sound.

i guess its all up to your preferences :)

Patricio

UNSW Member
needtostudy,

ok first off, where did you get this idea that turbos cost a lot to maintain? Yeh, maybe if you thrash your car every single day. And thats a huge generalisation, are you saying that all turbos = high maintenance? I don't think so.

I agree with you on one thing, vtec = cheaper insurance. But then again, who buying a type-r or s2000 wouldn't have the extra $ for a turbo car?

You wrote that the integra type-r is quicker than the 200sx (in stock form) Why don't you back that up next time with some times off a reputable site? (Or is this just your opinion?) I was pretty sure last time I checked (with official Honda and Nissan sites) that the 200sx did a 14.something, and the type-r did a 15.something. Like I said, its all about the turbo, the 200sx's were running these times in the 90's, its the latest type-r and I'm pretty sure it still can't break into the 14's.

If you put a type-r on the track it will kill a lot of turbo cars? Where do you get this info from? Even a 1992 Ford Laser GTX runs mid-high 14s, and that is by no way a new or even worked/expensive turbo.

You kept referring to v-tec. Are you aware of what it is? Its Variable valve Timing Electronic Control. Even the Toyota (which has named their version VVT), has it on their little Echo.
With vtec, how is the power 'constantly there' if it doesn't even kick in until 5400rpm (if turbos didn't kick in until that late, people wouldn't even bother with them -thats terrible lag). Like I said before, Hondas rev that high, because for some reason VTEC doesn't kick in til really late...I don't know why it doesn't work like turbo cars which may spool up from around 2500 (eg XR6T), or 3000 something...but even then, the vtec power isn't comparable with turbos, otherwise they would have really nice times to prove it.

What do you mean 'when vtec comes on when exiting corners', and 'not even turbo cars dare to floor it'? Turbos and vtec start at a certain rev, so it depends what rev you are at when you start exiting the corner.
And if you have ever driven a turbo car (which obviously from that statement you haven't - and hence perhaps the preference for vtec), you would know that you never have to floor it (only in n/a cars you do). The pedal reacts to pressure, but flooring it doesn't do anything different in a turbo car, just push the pedal down gradually.

I'm interested to hear more about this civic!! (lol) Do you realise that you are saying its within 1 second in terms of speed of a McLaren F1 (the fastest car in the world), and within tenths of a second of an R34 Skyline GTR (you are possibly saying its actually faster by just vaguely saying high 12's). Thats one quick civic, it would be the fastest, or among the very fastest civics in the whole world. How did you come up with the idea it would fall into the high 12's? (oh yeh, thats faster than a Porsche Turbo as well, not to mention a few Ferarris).

I'm not trying to bag out Hondas, they're nice cars. Its just that I don't think anyone should buy a Honda with 'VTEC' thinking that it will have sports car performance. The fastest hondas in the world (that run 10s and 11s) have turbo engines running in them, nothing even remotely similar to the stock honda engines.

needtostudy

this civic runs high 12's you know why, its a worked b18c-r you should know it is able to pull off around 120kw @ wheels, also adding the weight of the eg civic which is 1000kg on the power to weight ratio is great,

if you do winding roads a lot you should know what i mean obviously you haven't been to drag races,winding roads or probably even track days even if you have you probably not experienced enough

sure vtec is not that great as turbo, but you shouldn;t underestimate it, the stats you are claiming are by pro drivers, do you think we as normal drivers are able to shift perfectly to get such times no i don;t think so ! i have witnessed many type R's whipping 200sx arse its all up to the driver most of the time, who says the quickest honda in the world runs 10's... i don;t where your getting your info from, if you have bothered to read honda forums such as clubrsx and speedoptions in america you can see civics running 9's there are plenty of drag cars out there, i know honda may be considered a "ricer" car but many people tend to underestimate it...

if you do not believe me about this maybe we should meet up one day and i will show you this civic, integras whipping 200sx

you know what putting a type R on track means ? cornering !! obviously you haven't seen how well a integra type R corners... it can keep up to wrx's

yes i have driven turbo cars a r32 GTR, 180sx just to name some a honda integra type R, its all up to the way you drive its plain stupid for a person to floor around a corner in turbo.

with that said, i am not out to start arguements or something, sure somethings are unbelievable i once hated hondas until i saw what these cars were capable of, i love turbo cars also i am not bagging it out either, i am a cornering man myself personally i have been to drag races "runs" and eastern creek i been there and done that, its all up to your preference in choice whether you like n/a or turbo cornering or straight line its all up too you, the driver plays a important factor also and believe me these things are true i know you won';t believe me thinking oh the 200sx is turbo it must beat a na integra type R, maybe you should witness for yourself cause there is no way i am going to prove something like this on the net, you need to see it to believe it

Last edited:

m3h_m3h

HSC
i think the reason y needtostudy says u wouldnt floor it into a corner is that wen the turbo kicks in, ur going to get some dangerous kick into it and is quite stupid unless its a clear road.
man u sure that civics runnin 12s? is it N/A? if its N/A, he must of spent a lot of frickin money on the internals. torque steer :(.
patricio, ITRs do keep up with stock 200's, and would run around the same time down the 1/4. 200 would prob win, but ITR wont be too far off. pretty good for a N/A car.
as to y vtec kicks in at high rpm is because that excactly wat its designed to do. it meant to provide power at all rev ranges, while keeping the ride smooth, and maximising fuel economy. vtec cars at idle are very smooth. u cant really compare a forced induction car to a n/a car, but its quite a feat to engineer something which is almost up there. all the vvti, mivec etc are all vtec rip offs. nothing beats the honda vtec.
as with on the street, a few honda's can beat turbo cars. in stock form ITR's will beat 180s, and keep with 200s. but wen u mod both, it gets to a whole new ball game. u can extract way more power from forced induction. in saying that, the right mods in a honda can make it lethal. ive seen modded 94 Prelude Vti-Rs (h22 block) chop 180's and 200's. if u put the money into turboing or superchargin a vtec engine, u can get a lethal machine. but its not too suitable getting extreme power figures due to the FWD factor. its would be quite dangerous if u didnt kno how to control it. honda is known for its performance FWD cars. the only front mount rwd is the S2000. which is a beast :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)