fun and not so fun subjects (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL.. looks like we have some oxymorons floating around here..

Fun - subject (HSC)

never seen a larger contradiction.

kfnmpah

HSC
You can't label subjects as fun or not fun.

I loved every second of chemistry and maths, I also loved every second of music.
Major work subjects are meant to be treated the same way as non-major work subjects; say you spend 40 minutes on chem a day, you should spend 40 minutes on a music folio/practice/comp/whatever a day.

It was only a time "hogger" for like 4 weeks before the music externals for me because my teacher seemed to think the only subject we were doing was music and made us stay after school everyday for a couple of hours and do performance workshops for eachother.

Gay.

In conclusion, man up and just do consistent study every day and nothing will be a time "hogger"

Matt2233

HSC
Major work subjects are a godsend. I find because so much of the course consists of the major work, you learn less theory which makes cramming even easier :D

I only studied for Hist. Extension for the hour and half i had between it and chem and still went pretty good.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Fun- Drama, French, PDHPE, Ancient
Not Fun- Maths, chem

Bio sounds like it would be alright, but I didn't study it...

klaris

HSC
fun - modern, extension english

not fun - advanced english, hospitality.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I dislike all my subjects. There are no subjects I enjoy and I've lost all confidence in everything. Other than that I'm doing okay in them.

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
:skip:Fun-
PDHPE,
Chem.

:vcross:Not Fun-
3u Math,
PHYSICS,
Economics.

:shoot:ENGLISH (adv.) MUST DIE!!!:chainsaw:

Phylo

ballin
HSC
Maths is not so good for me, because, the answer is either correct or incorrect, you have a set method (not including some 3U and 4U), you follow it, and you get the answer. Unlike English, where you are encouraged to think conceptually, or "outside the box". Even though many people complain about the subjective nature of English, they don't usually answer the question asked, but instead try to write their opinion to a question. By all means, I'm not trying to say that you cannot write your mind, but in the end Essay = TS > Context > Quote/Lang > Discussion.

English - Fun
Maths - Okay

bouncingfire

HSC
Fun: Economics, Entertainment, Business Studies, Senior Science

Not Fun: Modern History, English Standard :chainsaw:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Fun: Drama, Entertainment, EX1
Middle: Business Studies, English
Not Fun: Maths + MX1

klaris

HSC
ok. revised.

fun: modern

middle: advanced

not so fun: hospo

Lauchlan

HSC
The 'fun' subjects such as hospitality, textiles, visual arts, etc.
The 'not so fun' subjects like physics, chem, bio, history, etc.

The time you put in Physics would be the same for textiles?

What I mean is if you were planning to take a fun subject into year 12 would this be a good idea, would it be a time 'hogger', because of major work and folios?

I hope you guys get what I mean
:eek:
i disagree. its your opinion what's fun or not so fun. all your doing is comparing the practical and non-practical, which you didn't even do properly considering the sciences have prac in them. Subjects like History are arguable fun if you have a genuine interest in what you are studying, a good teacher and class/school.

in answering your question. yes. all major works take up large amounts of time. time 'hogging' is something you need to consider for the HSC - find the right balance.
but don't suggest that hospitality, textiles and/or visual arts are more "fun". maybe you are referring to "easier" - those subjects are scaled down compared to physics, chem, bio & history (which i think are just as fun!)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)