Function of Techniques (1 Viewer)

Logix

We have a huge variety of techniques listed in a few threads, but none of these threads tell how these techniques are used to convey the journey. Isn't that supposed to be the most important part?

Can some of u's pls post the use of these techniques in expressing the journey? :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
well to establish the journey u need an empathetic link with the responder as to efficiently draw on the contexualised notions etc in their head. Since most texts, well all texts rely on the imagination of the repsonder to actually convey meaning, certain techiniques have to be used to tap into the responder's mind and create these nexuses

Logix

like wat is the use of techniques like metaphors, similes, descriptive language, alliteration, colour, etc?

Logix

like some ppl have said, i can usually name the techniques, but it is hard to describe the effect of it to convey the journey, u get wat i mean? :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
well a simlie draws on a preconceived idea in your head
he was as slippery as a snake - tapping into your library of associations
so does a metaphor
he eyes were like diamonds - u make a link that his eyes sparkled or wateva
descriptive language also creates these links if i say a big ugly mean man, or a small happy, smiling man, i suddenly create a completely different character abse, drawing purely on what u notions u assocaite with the language a i used.
alliteration and stuff like that doesn't really do anything except for placing emphasis on a phrase and place and adhere the discourse to its correct form.
tone is the same, if its a newspaper article, a speech, an interview, the tone will be different to help the responder empathise with the text.
colour i don;t know wat u mean
imagery n stuff is again to establish that nexus -

A sparkling summer’s day had blessed the enchanted forest once more. The magnificent dew-ridden canopy of leaves refracted the sun’s dazzling rays, immersing a green carpet of crisp blades in a shower of glittering light. The sky was painted a glorious blue and a brisk breeze raced through the pine trees, swirling and navigating the slalom of branches. An ensemble of fauna orchestrated a cacophonic discourse as the bustle of shrubbery signalled the dawn of a new day in Hollow Wood. Just below the summit of an enormous basswood, a hemispherical, erratic collection of twigs lay suspended in an array of branches.

creating an imagein your head, while drawing again on all those cognitive compartive associations attached in your head that attach to my language.

all the techniques above were to convey the journey to u yes?

Logix

yes

colour, i meant like if they give a picture to us to analyse, u can talk about colour, placing of the image, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)