Funny/ Good Stories at Work (1 Viewer)

Black Heart

HSC
Here you can post all the funny and good stories at work. They can be about co-workers, customers or something cool that occured at work. Also, post stories that were funny at the time. I hope this can be a good thread where people can share their stories and not rant - like all the other threads. :)

Something cool that occured at work - A power line went down, down the road so the store had no lights and the refrigeration was off. The registers still worked (not the conveyor belts). A friend, myself and others had to rush to get the covers down for the open fridges and get all orange juices and other important cold stuff into trolleys and into a fridge out the back. Then the area was blocked with trolleys - customers were still wondering why they weren't allowed to get items from that area. I hope something like that occurs again :) Makes work fun.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I have a sorta/kinda funny one.. I was serving a customer and WoWPOS (register) crashed and everyones everyone had to move to another register. Mind you, the belt was FULLLL.

lolol

yoddle

is cool
HSC
That's just annoying, not funny.

I worked til midnight on Halloween and someone came in dressed in a full Cookie Monster costume and ran straight to the biscuit aisle yelling 'ME WANT COOKIES!" in a cookie monster-voice, and then proceeded to get armfuls of biscuits and came to the register next me shouting "ME LOVE COOKIES NOMONOMNOMNOM" and pretending to shove them in his mouth.

I was pissing myself, cos funny things never happen at work.

Black Heart

HSC

I worked til midnight on Halloween and someone came in dressed in a full Cookie Monster costume and ran straight to the biscuit aisle yelling 'ME WANT COOKIES!" in a cookie monster-voice, and then proceeded to get armfuls of biscuits and came to the register next me shouting "ME LOVE COOKIES NOMONOMNOMNOM" and pretending to shove them in his mouth.

my god LOL. why can't that stuff happen to me? Though, I kinda have a suspicion that it was a dare... but you never know... :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
He was probs drunk, he had a couple of friends with him, but they just stood around laughing and looking awkward.

This isn't funny at all, but I thought I'd add that my old/soon-to-be-new store is like the last major supermarket before like 150-200ks of farms/bush/very small towns/the ocean and so you used to get really weird/interesting customers, like reclusive hippy types (and lots of tourists) that just don't seem to live in cities. I really miss them.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

Do you work at woolies or somewhere similar? Don't you get fuck loads of stoned people?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Do you work at woolies or somewhere similar? Don't you get fuck loads of stoned people?
Yes i do, and yes we do. Spesh cos my store is open til midnight.

"OH MY GOD CAN I GETMEHEMBLE A DISCOUNT ON MYYYY LIGHTER!??!"

"No."

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A

HAHAHA. That's gold.

SairsyFairy

HSC
I used to work for Big W and one day this women came in with a blender she had bought.
She went go make some milkshakes but she coudln't work out how to use the blender, so she brought the blender in, milk, chocolate topping and icecream and asked one of the guys to show her how to use the blender, after being shown she made us all milkshakes.

Ahh good times.

HSC
yodde said:
bahaha thats hilarious.

the only sort of funny thing that happened recently was this guy who was like, "one of my friends says i look like that guy from twilight. what do you think?" i was kind of like, umm... no (he wasn't bad-looking, he just didnt look like him in the slightest. he had brown eyes, blonde hair and freckles). later on my co-worker said, "i wanted to say, 'does your friend need prescription glasses?'"

yeah, very few funny things happen at my store lol.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
This awesome guy was working on the register next to me. The new software update caused it to take 5 seconds to respond to every click on the screen.
He was trying to explain to the customers that the computer was slow and such..

I whispered to him, "don't lie, you just forgot to put your training sign up".

Haha I laughed :p

aussie-boy

HSC
2 women came into my cafe; 1 ordered a coffee and the other asked for some boiling water. Then when she thought we weren't looking, she took an instant coffee sachet from her bag and made some. Then, she came up and asked for a small jug of milk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)