G - forces - Help Needed (1 Viewer)

tacuric

HSC
eX-Bhai said:
increase in altitude --> decrease in air particles (therefore less friction) ---> increase in acceleration --> increase in g-force.

also

a rocket loses mass due to the consumption of fuel --> increased acceleration --> increased g-force
the decrease in airparticles has really nothing to do with the question. the increse in altitude means a decrease in the Earths gravitational force pulling the rocket towards it. Therefore, there is an increase in acceleration and higher G-forces the rocket experiences.
well i think that is how it goes.
lol.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
tacuric said:
the decrease in airparticles has really nothing to do with the question. the increse in altitude means a decrease in the Earths gravitational force pulling the rocket towards it. Therefore, there is an increase in acceleration and higher G-forces the rocket experiences.
well i think that is how it goes.
lol.
To put that into the form he's been using it would be...

increase in altitude --> decrease in the force of gravity ---> increase in acceleration --> increase in g-force + decrease in true weight(mg)

hyparzero

BOS Male Prostitute
HSC
mitsui said:
while on the subject,

i understand the concept of g-force

but the dot pt asks "why is the term of g-force used"??

can someone help me on that?

is it becoz it is easier to caculate becoz wifout g-force, the force measurement is way too big? o_O

G-Force is so termed because it is defined as the ratio of "apparent force of gravity" to gravity.

For example a force of 2 g means 2 x 9.8
a force of 3 g means 3 x 9.2

G-Force is the apparent weight an object/person feels due to acceleration.
This apparent weight is caused by the "apparent force of gravity" when an object is accelerated.

Hope that helps.

HSC
Hi, I don't get this. so the formula is a=(T-mg)/m

but why is it (10000-200x9.8) wheres the 200 cme from?

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
OK, when you first look at the question, the rocket is 500kg OF WHICH 300kg is fuel.

So, the initial acceleration will be done using a mass of 500kg. BUT the 300kg of fuel will be eventually all used up, hence the final mass of the rocket will be only 200 kg.

So, the MAXIMUM acceleration the rocket will experience will be when all the fuel is used up and the mass of the rocket is at its least - is when it is 200 kg.

Hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)