GAHHH!! *pulls hair out* help...please..now (1 Viewer)

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
ok, and while i may have over dramatised abit with the pulling hair out and whatnot, i have done so due to the reasons being a) i am greek and therefore allowed to overexaggerate and b) am currently stressing out big time!

we were given a talk recently at school about the hsc- what to expect blah blah blah and the scaling for the uai and got told by one of our teachers that even if i were to get an hsc raw mark of 75 for most of our subjects its possible to get a uai of 49?!?!? is this possible??

i am aiming for a uai between 85-95 and am starting to question whether or not id be capable of doing so. what kind of hsc marks would i be needing in order to achieve my desired uai, because i feel as though ive been stuffing up abit with my first couple of assesments and id hate to think that ive jeapordised my chances and gone to the point of no return...

please guys help me, is there hope for me yet??!?!?!:bomb:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pretty.in.punk said:
ok, and while i may have over dramatised abit with the pulling hair out and whatnot, i have done so due to the reasons being a) i am greek and therefore allowed to overexaggerate and b) am currently stressing out big time!

we were given a talk recently at school about the hsc- what to expect blah blah blah and the scaling for the uai and got told by one of our teachers that even if i were to get an hsc raw mark of 75 for most of our subjects its possible to get a uai of 49?!?!? is this possible??

i am aiming for a uai between 85-95 and am starting to question whether or not id be capable of doing so. what kind of hsc marks would i be needing in order to achieve my desired uai, because i feel as though ive been stuffing up abit with my first couple of assesments and id hate to think that ive jeapordised my chances and gone to the point of no return...

please guys help me, is there hope for me yet??!?!?!:bomb:
i'll say about the 60's not 49. theres heaps of time to improve on your assessments. and practically if you are determined enough and believe that you'll do well you will ! you'll be fine =]

http://www.boredofstudies.org/sam/index.php: play around with your marks here.

A l

HSC
N/A
pretty.in.punk said:
Remember that a UAI is a rank, not a mark.
Also, a HSC raw mark of 75 often gets aligned to a band 5 (depending on the course, but generally for most courses). So that's perfectly fine.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I wouldn't freak out - you have so much time to do well, improve - you sound like you have it in you so - just heads down, study and work sensibly - and if you realy want that mark, you;ll get it...

elenitsa

HSC
ahh she's greek...me too...so dnt worry about the overexaggerating i can relate! and even more so about the stress part

i have been stressing out lately aswell...

i regret a couple of subject choices because my knowldge of the scaling system before entering year 11 was very minimal...although i am happy with them now...im just trying my best to do well in them,

for whatever reason...i feel like i havnt done my best in all of my subjects..i know i could have done better in certain assessments...and i know the key to a good uai is doing well equally in all of ur subjects...

is it too late already? have i stuffed my chances of achieveing a uai of very high 80's IF NOT 90's? im losing sleep over it, do these assessment marks make a big impact on ur uai mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)