Gatekeep resources prior trials (1 Viewer)

mandemindiguise

HSC
hey, why is everyone so adamant on gatekeeping resources/papers/help before trials? can someone explain this to me? what difference does it making sharing before and after trials

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
hey, why is everyone so adamant on gatekeeping resources/papers/help before trials? can someone explain this to me? what difference does it making sharing before and after trials
the idea is that before trials your ranking can still change and thus you should give yourself the best ranking possible by not helping others and that after, your ranking is fixed. so then afterwards, it's the general strength of the cohort that should be focused on. sorry i'm not very literate rn but i hope that makes sense.

mandemindiguise

HSC
the idea is that before trials your ranking can still change and thus you should give yourself the best ranking possible by not helping others and that after, your ranking is fixed. so then afterwards, it's the general strength of the cohort that should be focused on. sorry i'm not very literate rn but i hope that makes sense.
so if i created a resource bank for my school, and offered some students my help, does that mean im fucking myself over?

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
so if i created a resource bank for my school, and offered some students my help, does that mean im fucking myself over?
not necessarily, maybe a tiny tiny bit before trials but after trials it'll help if your rank isn't that good

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Already failed this cause I shared my resource stash to some of my non-nerd friends thinking they wouldn’t be in competition with me, but then these friends just shared the stash to the whole year and now everyone’s got it 🤦‍♂️

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Honestly, Ik it’s hard, but it’s best to work together as a year group the whole year. Even if you are potentially decreasing ur rank by sharing stuff, ur cohort will then perform better in the hsc and you’ll get a better moderated mark for ur rank anyway, so you’ll likely get a higher mark at the end.

besides that, it’s also a lot healthier to work together throughout the year. Although it is hard to get the whole year group on board

idkkdi

HSC
Honestly, Ik it’s hard, but it’s best to work together as a year group the whole year. Even if you are potentially decreasing ur rank by sharing stuff, ur cohort will then perform better in the hsc and you’ll get a better moderated mark for ur rank anyway, so you’ll likely get a higher mark at the end.

besides that, it’s also a lot healthier to work together throughout the year. Although it is hard to get the whole year group on board
ye maybe they deserve the rank if they do better than u accessing the same stuff that u have

Aeonium

HSC
N/A

idgaf about how majority of my cohort perform n i kinda think it would be funny if the school rank decreased

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Some nerds are weirdly competitive when it comes to ranks/marks.

When I was at school, many high achieving students in my year lied about how much they studied in order to try to de-spirit other students, they gatekept resources, or just actively deceived others about how difficult certain things were.

The reality is that once you go to uni your school marks are completely worthless, as the only thing the uni cares about is your uni marks.

If the only way you can win is by preventing others from having useful resources, not only are you bringing the general society down by not sharing the resources (people who could have done better with the resources haven't, this is a net bad for society), you were never a real winner to begin with.

HSC
Some nerds are weirdly competitive when it comes to ranks/marks.

When I was at school, many high achieving students in my year lied about how much they studied in order to try to de-spirit other students, they gatekept resources, or just actively deceived others about how difficult certain things were.

The reality is that once you go to uni your school marks are completely worthless, as the only thing the uni cares about is your uni marks.

If the only way you can win is by preventing others from having useful resources, not only are you bringing the general society down by not sharing the resources (people who could have done better with the resources haven't, this is a net bad for society), you were never a real winner to begin with.
FACTS but then nobody believes u when u say u dont study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)