General education electives (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi everyone. I'm going to be an Aerospace or Mechatronics student this year (still haven't quite chosen but I'm leaning toward Mechatronics). I've been looking at the plan for a while now and have been excited about these general electives because I would like to learn a language (probably German) - unfortunately both the general electives in this plan are for the second semester, thus making Introductory German 1A impossible.

Has anyone ever shifted their courses around to accommodate this, or does the summer school always offer introductory German (and if so, will HECS cover it)? The handbook says that Engineering students often use their free electives to learn a language, but how is this possible when most of the plans seem to put the general education electives in the second semester of years 2 and 3?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
u could do it and swap around a subject that's like offered in both sem1 and sem2. so u do the sem1 subejct in sem2 instead.

HSC
u could do it and swap around a subject that's like offered in both sem1 and sem2. so u do the sem1 subejct in sem2 instead.
I was thinking of that, but would that necessarily effect my ability to perform in the other semester 2 subjects? As long as it's not a prerequisite for anything that year it should be OK, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)