General Pants selling.. (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
mate dont confuse things. i said you "werent" contributing
hahaha "no right." we have rights on bos now?

the end

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
General Pants is a business. Their only obligation is to their shareholders. Now if you feel insulted by the fact that they're selling such shirts, don't buy from there. But the thing is that when they lose musical elitists, they gain morons, and morons:
a) make up 95% of the population
b) are easily parted with their money.
So as far as business decisions go, it's a no brainer. If you get upset when fags listen to your music then you're just as big a douche as they are.

Regards,
BOS' resident capitalist.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
chloe169 said:
so in retaliation, you only think their clothes are all the same because as you yourself pointed out youve only ever once been into GP and you never shop at trendy/surf shops. therefore your judgement on this matter is completely unvalidated. i however, as an employee of this company, feel compelled and justified in reasoning that the clothes stocked in these fine retail outlets are apples to oranges, and one day if you ever decide to step out of your comfort zone and into an actual gp or sds store you will realise this for yourself. until then, you obviously know nothing about it. thankyou and goodbye.
Alby stated why she disliked those kind of shops and her reasons didn't have anything to do with her "comfort zone".

-
alby said:
i've only been into gp once, and that was just because i wanted a pair of hav's (only caus they're meant to be good, and i needed thongs). i personally dislike gp, sds, and similar 'trendy' surf shops because:
a) they're too expensive
b) i don't like surfy clothes
c) they're generally all the same

and i'm not biased, the above points are the same for many popular fashion styles/trends and stores.
chloe169 said:
what are these stores youre referring to? target? kmart? jay jays? supre? i want to know which retailer is stocking these clothes which you find so desirable. perhaps i am missing out on something and i dont know!

thankyou and no.
What difference does it make where Alby shops, she can shop anywhere she damn well likes.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i think i speak for the vast majority when i say

"is this thread still going?"

alby

cool duckie
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
Alby stated why she disliked those kind of shops and her reasons didn't have anything to do with her "comfort zone".

-

What difference does it make where Alby shops, she can shop anywhere she damn well likes.
hahaha thanks oz. glad to see that someone else is helpful enough to show chloe that there is stuff past her own nose

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yo waf, whats your view now that gp are whoring one of your favourite bands?

walked past today and saw that iron maiden shirts are lined up next to the led zep ones

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
seriously everyone, they're just clothes. don't turn this into something it's not.

what i would like to know is why it matters to people so much when someone else wears the shirt of a band they like? if you are a 'true fan' of say, led zeppelin, i'd assume you're a fan of their music (since that's what they're known for). how does other people wearing led zep tee shirts affect your appreciation of their music? is it because your precious bands might lose indie/metal/whatever cred because more people will know about them?

when i see people wearing shirts of the bands i like i feel happy because i know other people are enjoying the music i like.

HSC
i actually really like the ramones shirts they have in there. but as much as i love the ramones (not as in a "omg oldschool punk rock! i know two songs!" way, i seriously think they're great) .. i don't want to look like every other tosser wearing that shirt.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i actually really like the ramones shirts they have in there. but as much as i love the ramones (not as in a "omg oldschool punk rock! i know two songs!" way, i seriously think they're great) .. i don't want to look like every other tosser wearing that shirt.
I do, at least I'm tempted to, I haven't succumbed yet though

HSC
holy thread revival batman!

i haven't seen those ramones shirts in there in ages. guess they sold them all.

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
So... much to say.

mr_brightside said:
So.

It started last Wednesday, when me and my gf arrived at Macquarie center.
After going through the various sunnies at Sunglasses Hut, we proceeded to enter General Pants.Upon entering the store, I was shocked. There ahead of me lay several ol school band tshirts, including LED ZEPPELIN. At that point I almost cried.

First the Ramones and now this. This disgusts me. Why? Because General pants is the epitome of trendiness. Trendy people do not like this sort of music. I doubt many of them could name two or three of their albums (see wot i did there?!?! Led Zeppelin II and III?! amirite?!). Its like wearing something you dont know about or believe in.

Stop making legends of rock into your crappy commercial "brands".
So how many shirts did you buy?

mr_brightside said:
Thats why I prefer Triple J, they have a range of stuff.
Yeah, your right man. Fuck the mainstream, I'll listen to triple J. Poorly writtern hack rock is where it's at. And I hate country and Rap. Rap sucks.

I can see both sides of this arguement. I'm going to have side with Clove or whatever her name is.

What you choose is a reflection of you not someone else. These people buying from General pants are doing it not for you, and in a hope you would accept them. They like the cloth or the design. The asthetics if you will.

You seem to be offend as you feel it's an explotation of your culture "I listen to guitar music, that is decades old. This shows my rejection of current music and ideas. I've seen through this cosumer bullshit." Now this is a fair cop. But I would argue that you are also abusing this culture. You just starting doing it earlier. Now big companies are moving in because their is a market your pissed.
You can't win give up. Conform and then it will solve you problems (no gripes with the culture) and companies won't have market. And your beautiful 35 year mainstream culture and it's music will safe. Can you do that? Can you set free the thing you love?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hahaha i was in general pants today and i saw these shirts and i was like "lol sup brightside"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)