General Thoughts: English Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

A Poisoned Seed

HSC
Re: Extension Exam - How'd it go?

My essay was 12.5 pages but my short story was only 5 pages (haha probably dropped about 10 marks right there). I was doing 'After the Bomb' - that stimulus for the creative with the train was weird...
Yeah the stimulus was a strange idea but I think it was actually quite good for the module - the style was a bit like 'The Spy who came in from the Cold' which wasn't all that terrible haha i'm thinking a band 5 -- wrote 15 pages for the essay and 9.5 for the creative writing... I think I'll actually miss this subject, I really liked *freak* :D

alina yousif

HSC
This will probably be my best English exam ever. I did Module B: Texts and Ways of Thinking Elective 1: After the Bomb and used two full booklets each for both the essay and the creative, making a total of 4 booklets, with 10 words per line. Close to and approaching 2000 words for both essay and creative, so pleased :p
roflll you're so precise! I also used used 2 full booklets for creative but used 2 and a half for essay :)
thank God for gel pens.. It just glides across the page

Aplus

HSC
N/A
roflll you're so precise! I also used used 2 full booklets for creative but used 2 and a half for essay :)
thank God for gel pens.. It just glides across the page
Haha, yeah, thank god for BIC black needle point roller 0.5 mm lolol

Allisonius

HSC
My gosh! That exam was a breeze.
Very happy with the Crime Writing questions.
I normally write Golden-Age for my creative but today I felt like doing Hard-Boiled from the POV of a femme fatal, turned out good I think =D

Essay= 10 pages
Creative= 11 pages

Good effort I think.

Last edited:

cerys

because i can.
HSC
It certainly wasn't hard ;D!!!

I think I did okay considering I did the-night-before study!

Did crime fiction: 8 pages and a bit for essay and 11 pages for the creative writing~

kaytee91

HSC
I really liked that exam and i was dreading it. Crime writing q's were epic.

5233andy

HSC
I do module A, SF.

The question was very good. Though with my essay, I was running out of time and only managed to complete two booklets - I had so much more to say...

fuzzy09

HSC
I think that was the best exam so far!
I hope the markers like postmodern crime writing though lol
otherwise im screwed lol

I did Mod A questions 3 & 4

alina yousif

HSC
Now that people consider it to be easy.. The cut offs for an e4 will probably be high this year.. Ekkk

Cataclysm

HSC
Very easy, very broad, very good.

I did 10 pages for essay, but I fucked up my creative by not reading it properly and only did 7 page :(

I think 20+ for essay and 10+ for creative writting *sigh*

Oh well, I was first in my year, so I'll get a slight boost :\

Crime Writting, btw... Wish I had done romanticism or something a little bit more contextually deep :mad: Not that Crime Writting isn't lol

Scinery

HSC
Ahhhh god I hate that everyone else found it easy too :( scifi creative stimulus did no favours for me

qaz0981

HSC
i was really happy with it :) 11 and a bit pages for both
we did after the bomb.. i actually found it to be very interesting, although i was never a fan of absurdism, so i didn't like two of our prescribed texts haha.. loved the spy though

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
good general questions for crime writing!

i am completely happy with my creative writing but didn't do the essay properly. ran out of time and had mind blanks for quotes. im gonna blame period cramps for not being able to study last night and this morning. At least i will improve on my trial mark. could have been worse.

9 ish pages for creative writing

7ish for essay

not good for an hour. did very little on related material and hitchcock. crap wish i had prepared anhil. im so lazy

Last edited:

Allisonius

HSC
Ahhhh god I hate that everyone else found it easy too :( scifi creative stimulus did no favours for me
I read the stimulus for sci-fi and I was so glad that I didn't have to do that one!
It seemed very confusing and figurative.
It's all about how you use the stimulus anyway... :s So I guess it was alot mor eopen to interpretation then say... a picture of something.

lucymowat

HSC
the textual dynamics stimulus was ridiculous and had nothing to do with the elective. apart from that, it was good

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
It was good. Very broad essay question and stimulus fit nicely around my creative.

Thankyou BoS for some kindness finally. lol.

And see ya after the bomb, you piece of shit.

matrilldah

HSC
module b, elective 3.
it was amazing! our teacher is a mastermind... the question, word for word, was one of the most recent practice essays our class did. and he just made it up from the syllabus. was very comforting to have seen the question before :D
so glad it's over though, was quite stressin'.

absorber

HSC
Re: Extension Exam - How'd it go?

Wow, easy. Essay 10 pages, creative 6.5. The questions were gifts imo, though I didn't poetically incorporate the creative quote in, just took first half and straight in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)