General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

sfer

HSC
What was the answer for Q6, the mobile phones transmission one? o__O

I'm having conflicting answers with Official.
Electromagnetic, because it definitely wasn't heat, sound, or light.

(That's the question you're asking about, right?)

Entity

HSC
What about the one with the iron strip and corrosion? Which one made sure it was only water? I put 3 and 4.
I put one and three because four had oxygen, where is was looking for JUST water.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
For the response i wrote about cost and taking materials out of the ground etc. Think thats good enough for a good mark?
It said impacts on the environment from choosing other resources over fossil fuels, i think you may have read it wrong. Unless it was me who read it wrong?

sfer

HSC
What about the one with the iron strip and corrosion? Which one made sure it was only water? I put 3 and 4.
I put 3 and 4, but I would have preferred an answer that said just 3...

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Uhh if i remember correctly it was Electromagnetic, cause light meant visible light.
Oh that one... yeah I put electromagnetic? Why, what was the other option confusing you Hayzazz?

jesskies

HSC
I got 3 and 4.. I thought 1 didn't have any water in it?

FTW

HSC
What was the answer for Q6, the mobile phones transmission one? o__O

I'm having conflicting answers with Official.
Electromagnetic
1 & 3 coz there was no oxygen in both with water in 3 and no water in 1 so an accurate comparison can be made
Electromagnetic, because it definitely wasn't heat, sound, or light.
+1
Rofl imagine heat..... funny stuff

Mudkip94

HSC
I put one and three because four had oxygen, where is was looking for JUST water.
1 had no oxygen or water. You do realise what water is don't you? H2O. Two parts hydrogen, one oxygen. Test tube with water and no oxygen actually had oxygen in it (or else it wouldn't be water!).

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Exactly, so I inferred if you had one without water and one with it then you could test if it really had an effect on corrosion. At least that's my reasoning, but as I said I'm not sure if it's correct.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
For extended I wrote that nuclear energy it a more efficient and clean source of energy as it does that produce carbon dioxide that contributes to the green house effect and it does not destroy the ozone, thus not trapping in heat.

For the negative impact on the environment, I wrote that there is no sustainable way of dispossing of nuclear waste. Nuclear energy is produced in a nuclear reactor and can be emitted into the environment, destroying human body and tissues causing diseases such as cancer. The emission of radiation in the environment can cause birth defects in babies as a result the DNA mutates. The nuclear waste can be contaminated in the local resevoir water supply that we drink, causing illness and death. Animals and plants that drink water that was contaminated from nuclear waste can mutate or die, destroying the ecosystem.

mizz_a

HSC
N/A
wasn't that the whole point? they only wanted to test if water affected corrosion or not
1 had no water no oxygen, 3 had water and no oxygen

OMG....maybe i read it wrong......

msaint

HSC
3 and 4 because you were comparing water alone with water and oxygen. i think

Salliea

HSC
Wasn't it 1 and 3?
hm...i got 3 and 4 were one was all water and the other one was oxygen and water :| meh
did anyone get lots of As in the first column for multiple choice? That what some of my friends said they got :| I only remember a lot of Cs and Ds in the second column lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)