General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

MzG1zi

HSC
someone please explain to me what the computer recognises and what it doesnt, Is PH wrong for the question about acidity? I got a question wrong but i proceeded to right the correct answer next to it, Does that mean i get it wrong?
there was a question about acidity?
the only one i remember was one that i wrote 'indicator' for

firstneg

HSC
it is infectious as AIDS is described as a non-infectious disease.
you either have infectious pathogens or non-infectious.
and this is why it is infectious and not contagious

FirzenExpert

HSC
The only douche is YOU. You listen to an audio representation of the data that's stored in MP3, so you ARE listening to an MP3, whether it's through an MP3 player or otherwise.
i had that in my mind after that guy said "its a mp3 format not mp3 player"
i thought "Its a mp3 format song your listening to"
i cbf saying that, but lol u said it be4 me

QnTiria

HSC
maybe we are all listening to mp3 files, and they just left that part out! however, i don't think mp3 is a noun, it's more of an adjective.

chevlr

HSC
what did u guys get for the question which said what were two experimental techniques used while experimenting on the sport drink?? i wrote the had a control of normal water and the made a table to record their results in. am i right?? :S
i wrote something about collecting quantitative data so they could be compared, hope thats okay

shaily

HSC
I wrote they controlled the people's fitness and used a large sample.
Oh, i wrote the large number of people were used and the average timing suggested there was a use of repetition in the experiment for accuracy and reliabilty. is that right?

Mudkip94

HSC
The only douche is YOU. You listen to an audio representation of the data that's stored in MP3, so you ARE listening to an MP3, whether it's through an MP3 player or otherwise.
The question never said MP3 file, it used the term 'MP3' to describe the music player. Also, I listen to FLACs. Douche.

GrassFarm

HSC
maybe we are all listening to mp3 files, and they just left that part out! however, i don't think mp3 is a noun, it's more of an adjective.
haha are you for real?

Mp3 is the name of a file format, hence, Noun. It's not descriptive in anyway what so ever, unless you're a nerd who appreciates the encoding of Movie Pictures Expert Group - 3.

silence--

HSC
i wrote a large sample size and the use of water as a control.

and why are we arguing about mp3's? lol

GrassFarm

HSC
The question never said MP3 file, it used the term 'MP3' to describe the music player. Also, I listen to FLACs. Douche.
Rock on /b/tard.

The term mp3 is accepted in common usage, so get over it and keep working towards puberty.

shaily

HSC
did you guys find the 7marks question hard? what did you's write for it. personally, i found it hard. Also the flow chart on evolution was hard too. didn't know what to write.

Mudkip94

HSC
haha are you for real?

Mp3 is the name of a file format, hence, Noun. It's not descriptive in anyway what so ever, unless you're a nerd who appreciates the encoding of Movie Pictures Expert Group - 3.
Actually... It's Moving Picture Experts Group 1 Audio Layer 3.

Cee.

HSC
There was a question that asked something about hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid, what did you guys put? I put chlorine. I'm not sure if it's right though.

zdxl

HSC
There was a question that asked something about hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid, what did you guys put? I put chlorine. I'm not sure if it's right though.
All common acids contain hydrogen.

Mudkip94

HSC
Hydrochloric Acid = HCl
Sulfuric Acid = H2SO4

The common things are Hydrogen.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
While on the topic of MP3's in reality i think dB capping is useless. I use Sennheiser CX300s with my ipod and a lot of other people use non-stock inears or headphones aswell, if they cap it at 80 dB we would still be able to go higher with good earphones. It works in the opposite aswell, people with shit $2 earphones after there ipod ones broke/got lost wont be able to get the sound as high as they should be able to.

chevlr

HSC
did you guys find the 7marks question hard? what did you's write for it. personally, i found it hard. Also the flow chart on evolution was hard too. didn't know what to write.
i just did five issues with alternative energy, pro and con, and then made a judgement with criteria - hope that makes seven marks

i found the flow chart hard too - i saw it in the reading time and had no idea what to write, i think i got close in the end, hopefully

C

caleb1993

Stuff like big bang, gravity and evolution are theories because there's no proof, just evidence that strongly supports it. Gravity however is accepted as the truth since there's nothing in the bible against it.[/quote

Gravity is a law because you can do tests to measure gravity and perform experiments to verrify its existance.

big bang and evolution are theorys because there is no way to replicate what happened and therefor no way to verify what really happened.

silence--

HSC
scientific models or laws are those that are tested and true and explain all phenomena regarding whatever.

theories are theories because they are not definite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)