general UNSW chit-chat (5 Viewers)

implicity

HSC
velox said:
Btw implicity do you have blonde hair and are about medium height? If so i think i saw u the other day.
That would be me..
There aren't many blondes doing actl/maths lol. Actually I think I'm the only one.

I don't know anyone from BOS who is in my classes? :(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
implicity said:
That would be me..
There aren't many blondes doing actl/maths lol. Actually I think I'm the only one.

I don't know anyone from BOS who is in my classes? :(
I think I saw you in 2901 and/or 2111

implicity

HSC
Dumsum said:
I think I saw you in 2901 and/or 2111
Yeah then I'm in your lectures :) Actually I think you're in my 2901 tute too right? I was sitting at the front.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
implicity said:
Yeah then I'm in your lectures :) Actually I think you're in my 2901 tute too right? I was sitting at the front.
Monday 2pm yes?

Stats is so incredibly slow at the moment. At least today was something new...

implicity

HSC
Dumsum said:
Monday 2pm yes?

Stats is so incredibly slow at the moment. At least today was something new...
Yep Monday :) haha I actually know our tutor, he's the father of a friend I went to saturday language school with !

Lol I did enough of random variables in actl1001 last year - but it was good revision nonetheless. Btw, which questions do you have for the 2111 assignment?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
implicity said:
Yep Monday :) haha I actually know our tutor, he's the father of a friend I went to saturday language school with !

Lol I did enough of random variables in actl1001 last year - but it was good revision nonetheless. Btw, which questions do you have for the 2111 assignment?
I meant Baye's Formula. Did RVs in Algebra last year :/

As for assignment. 2 and 4. I cannot for the life of me figure out the second half of question 2, I asked Ian for a tip but I had already gotten as far as he was willing to hint me (ie, take logs) :\

implicity

HSC
Dumsum said:
I meant Baye's Formula. Did RVs in Algebra last year :/

As for assignment. 2 and 4. I cannot for the life of me figure out the second half of question 2, I asked Ian for a tip but I had already gotten as far as he was willing to hint me (ie, take logs) :\
Bah I've got questions 1 & 6.. they're pretty easy except my proofs suck.
The second half of question 2 doesn't seem too bad, except I'd have to look over the series topics from calc last year.. can't remember much anymore :(

Is anyone here doing comp1911 and has a lab tomorrow? :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lol i was just about to suggest the same thing

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
acmilan said:
What what, you guys get assignments in 2111? Totally not fair :(
It's a new thing being introduced, designed to encourage us to write polished mathematical arguments. It's worth 5%, and it's not so much the answers to the problems that are the focus but more on getting proper logic/grammar/structure in the solution. If it's not up to scratch it gets handed back to us to polish more. The max mark decreases on a time basis (something like 4% after 4 weeks, 3% after 8...)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Oh I see. Still, wouldve been nice to have an assessment where i didnt just barely pass

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao, at first I was thinking that Velox was making that implication of what Impicity looks like from her Avatar, but after some thought, it was different.

Anyhow jeez, University Maths (2nd year or above) seems pretty daunting, I mean to submit papers and logic...God, I'm happy I don't need to touch Math courses anymore in my entire life. :)

Raginsheep

HSC
You get busted for non-attendance + I think you miss out on lab marks.

Just do the work at home and then when you go in, you can get it marked straight away and leave.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
I have my first comp1911 tut_lab tomorrow. i soo dont feel like going. will there be severe consequences if i dont go? the exercises on the course site isnt clear as to what will be marked etc?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
vanush said:
I have my first comp1911 tut_lab tomorrow. i soo dont feel like going. will there be severe consequences if i dont go? the exercises on the course site isnt clear as to what will be marked etc?
Go to the tute-lab

Tute: You learn stuff which is important, examinable, AND helpful
Lab: You get lab marks for completing lab excercises. Probably 2 points per lab, 1 per task.

You might think "oh its only like 15% or something all up..." but that 15% could mean the difference between a CR and HD, or Fail and Pass. They're easy marks.

You *should* do the lab early, turn up, get it marked, and then you can leave if you are so inclined. Or do as much of it as you can, then ask tutor for help in lab. It makes things soooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier if you've read the tute beforehand, and attempted (or finished) the lab.

Also if I remembered correctly, you *also* got 1 attendance mark per tute/lab. Another easy 14 marks !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)