general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
well i have an interview at new college and stupidly i forgot to ask where to go... not to keen on ringing back and being like "where do i go" lol
Go to their reception on anzac pde and ask.

That's it.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
yeah i think our new ID cards from last year go for 3 years, and we jsut get a new student concession sticker each year.
Yeah that's right. So if you had a really bad hair day last year, you're going to be living with even more regret for the next 2 years lolol :spzz:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no idea.

also, we need to set up our zpass to access wireless net.

Change zPass

To change your zPass password, enter and confirm a new password. Then click 'Change Password'.
Please Note:
1. Your password must be at least 8 characters long
2. Your password must contains characters from at least three of the following four categories
- Uppercase letters eg A B C ...
- Lowercase letters eg a b c ...
- Numbers eg 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- Non-alphanumeric and Unicode characters eg ( ) ` ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * - + = | \ { } [ ] : ; " ' < > , . ? /
3. Your password CANNOT contain three or more consecutive characters from your account name or display name
4. When changing your password you cannot use any of your last 12 passwords
5. You CANNOT change your password more than 3 times within 24 hours

HOLY FUCK ARE YOU FOR SERIOUS? :spzz:

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
no idea.

Change zPass

To change your zPass password, enter and confirm a new password. Then click 'Change Password'.
Please Note:
2. Your password must contains characters from at least three of the following four categories
- Non-alphanumeric and Unicode characters eg ( ) ` ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * - + = | \ { } [ ] : ; " ' < > , . ? /
3. Your password CANNOT contain three or more consecutive characters from your account name or display name

I know, bloody hell! I'm going through all that now.

(And what's with the FIVE different "authentication questions"? I don't even have a favourite colour!)

I especially like 'You cannot use any of your last 12 passwords'.

TWELVE. :rolleyes:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hahaha.

i basically used the same password as my unipass, but capitalised one letter, and added a 1 at the end.

i m so smrt

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
hahaha.

i basically used the same password as my unipass, but capitalised one letter, and added a 1 at the end.

i m so smrt
Yeah. When I set mine up, I used the same password.

I actually went into the uni for the first time last Friday and was surprised at how good the wireless is. I only had my iPhone, but I used uniwide to update my apps. A 50MB update took all of 10 seconds.

I am so glad I got into UNSW hehehe. Who knew that second preferences could be better than the first!

dawdlex3

HSC
The zPass thing is really crazy.
I'm going to get paranoid for changing passwords. Great.
I'm syncing my zPass with Unipass though.

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
im more annoyed with the zmail system.
incredibly difficult to fucking access when capped, bring back the original unimail.

Yeah. When I set mine up, I used the same password.

I actually went into the uni for the first time last Friday and was surprised at how good the wireless is. I only had my iPhone, but I used uniwide to update my apps. A 50MB update took all of 10 seconds.

I am so glad I got into UNSW hehehe. Who knew that second preferences could be better than the first!
:headbang:

dawdlex3

HSC
Now the FASS computer labs are going to use this zPass thingy.
Why can't they merge the two passes?!

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
no idea.

Change zPass

Please Note:

Woahhh shit lols

It's not such a large problem imo though, i mean, if you keep forgetting your password, wouldn't you just be able to keep accessing the identity manager and change it whenever you forget it? It's pretty simple imho.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
is it bad that i have no idea what you guys are talking about with this zpass thing? sighhhh

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
otherwise:

UNSW IT Service Centre said:
IT at UNSW is upgrading the UniWide wireless service. This upgrade will provide significant improvements including better coverage and higher throughput over the old service.

What do I need to do?

This service will require a new method of access which utilises zPass rather than UniPass. After the upgrade, authentication via UniPass will be disabled. Authentication is only available via zPass.

To set your zPass (if you have not done it yet), you can log into the Identity Manager website (https://idm.unsw.edu.au/) with your UniPass and set it up. Why don't you do that right now?
Also instruction guides to reconfigure your device to support the use of zPass are available at IT at UNSW - UniWide - UNSW Wireless Network

When is this happening?

The new service is going to be implemented on Friday the 19th of February between 6am and 10am. During this period UniWide will be unavailable.

Why is this happening?

The new UniWide service provides higher levels of security, has no access or usage charges and is accessible to a wider range of mobile devices.

Who do I need to contact?

For more information or if you cannot access UniWide, please contact the IT Service Centre on 93851333 or ITServiceCentre@unsw.edu.au
You're welcome ^____________^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)