Geography is the most bludgy subject (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I just did a really broad question as an assessment task:

"Analyse the human impacts affecting the vulnerability and resilience of ecosystems at risk".

I got 14/15 but I had to sythesise all those.
Signs of an ecosystem at risk
Facts Putting ecosystems at risk
Factor influencing Human Induced modifications to ecosystems
Outline the impacts of humans on ecosystems
Give examples of human impacts - catatrophic and gradual

I think thats harder than Advanced English and Extension put together.

I've never had to bring so many things together as one.
So I don't think Geography is bludgy if you want to get good marks.

ausminis4u

HSC
yeh, geography can be a bludge, but some modules can be challenging, like essays on world cities.......

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
can ppl submit their geog notes because we are lack of notes of geog compared to other subjects!!!
please help the 05ers!!!
thanks a lot! :)
or even any exam techniques that you wanna share here?

burnzy

i rekon geo is a bludge if you are on top of it. ONly thing i don't get.. if geography is about conseving and preserving the environment why we tend to get so many notes compared to other subjects... i could lay blame on my geo class for keeping reflex in buisiness and at the same time singlehandedly killing the amazon.. well, slightly out of proportion but it is true.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
So far, year 11 geography has been the biggest bludge ever and it hasn't taken much effort to get on top. It bores me shittle-less.

firehose

HSC
I don't think Geography is supposed to be a bludge, it's just that it tends to be perceived as not as heavy as other subjects, as most assume that it is just a learning of skills which basically remain the same through high school and the memorising of odd stuff for essays, but if u really want good, substantial time should be put into it.

That being said, i myself easily take it the most lightly out of all my subjects. The fact that my geo assessment task is merely a hand-in due after easter while the others are all inclass exams only exemplifies that.

Paxton

Not so New Member
HSC
Ducking the flames because of being a newb...

I believe it comes down to the teacher. I have one of the best teachers in my school for this subject, and that alone makes it a good subject to take. He is really easygoing, yet somehow, gets the work across, and lets the class in on a discussion that could take all lesson, and we pickup the next day. If there are any PortHacking people here, they know who I am talking about, and will agree with me. I have not slept through a Geography lesson before, because normally you miss the best bits. If you do all the work, you can't fail the subject.

-Paxton

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Personally 4 me geography isnt a hard subject but the amount of stuff u need 2 remember is enormous. If it wasnt for the passion i have for this subject, i wouldnt have considered it....considering my memory span is relatively poor....but luckily i have no regrets

one more question.....which geography textbook u all using?

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
Geography is pretty average, 24.8 where 25 is no scaling in 2003, but its so fun and bludgy its well worth it :p :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)