Geography or Seinor Science (1 Viewer)

jaydey

HSC
Hey everyone my brother has a dilemma he doesnt know which subject to choose out of those two for his Year 12 studies. He is good at both but wants to drop one. Which one is easier and which one is better for getting a ATAR(UAI). Thanks

TheStallion

HSC
Senior Science is easier but scales like shit. Geography is pretty enjoyable, but at the same time has a higher workload, is probably harder than Senior Science, but it does scale better.

Either way, he should just pick which one he enjoys more/which he thinks he can do best in for the HSC.

agentbrown

HSC
i do both atm, it depends on personal choice, if he prefers one then stick with that. but if its not that simple then he should consider how much effort he is going to put in. its very easy to get 80s/90s in SS with little effort and the paper has no essay style questions so is a good choice for those who are happy to cruise. i'm not sure how well it scales but it doesn't scale as well as geo. If he is happy to learn his stuff and commit to geography he can get better called marks with only a bit more effort, but essay writing is required....

So in summary,
SS= No essays, short answers only--more simple/less work..lower scaling
GEO= 3 20 mark essays + short answers--more advanced/more work.. higher scaling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)