Getting Into Cofa/Fine Arts (1 Viewer)

Killamatt

Guy From Jump The Q Ad
HSC
I have a friend that's interested in doing a Bachelor of Fine Arts, however we're unsure as to the requirements necessary to be accepted. All it says is general education, which is no problem, however I'm sure that they don't simply allow everyone that wants a Bachelor of Fine Arts in. Wouldn't they need to see a folio of some sort or even an interview. The UNSW Handbook isn't really helpful as it just states
"General Education Requirements
Students are required to complete 12 units of credit in General Education...".

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :).

sforsilence

HSC
I'm doing fine arts this year and you don't need a portfolio or interview to get in, just the require atar, also I think even if you do badly overall in your hsc but you do well in art you can still be considered.

abylaa

\m/
in my room, which is in my house, which is on my s
HSC
I have a friend that's interested in doing a Bachelor of Fine Arts, however we're unsure as to the requirements necessary to be accepted. All it says is general education, which is no problem, however I'm sure that they don't simply allow everyone that wants a Bachelor of Fine Arts in. Wouldn't they need to see a folio of some sort or even an interview. The UNSW Handbook isn't really helpful as it just states
"General Education Requirements
Students are required to complete 12 units of credit in General Education...".

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :).
Just as a heads up, General Education is completed when you're actually in uni. It usually happens in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year depending on what your degree structure is like or whenever you feel like doing it.

In order to complete the General Education Requirements, you have to choose subjects outside of the subjects offered by COFA (like, say you choose to take a subject from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences) which are worth 3 or 6 units of credit each.

For example, you choose to do subjects from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (outside of COFA):

ARTS1210 which is worth 6 units of credit (UOC)
+
ARTS1870 which is also worth 6 UOC

= 12 units of credit = completion of general education requirements

So as long as the units of credit add up to 12, you're fine.

Hope that wasn't too confusing :)

~~~~~P.S!!!~~~~~~

The UNSW handbook is all about telling you what the degrees are about
For information on admission to the course, just ask your careers advisor if you can either take a look at last year's UAC book, because the new one for you guys won't be available for a little while longer, I think

:]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)