getting paid... (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
ok..this may sound wussy..but i havent been paid for my work yet, which was nearly 2 weeks ago, so should i call the office up?

A firend of mine who works in a manufacturing plant says employers hate poeple calling up asking for pay...and since im still a trainee...

Plus i dont have the number of the person who handed in my paysheet to check and the other dude i worked with has not replied to me if he got paid. i dont know if the person did hand it in or not, but as they usually head the projects and they were really nice poeple when i worked with them, i suppose they wouldnt do anything bad.

the pay dates mean that if you submit htem before a tuesday in a week, they get padi on a wednesday. I gave it to the head who would have given it in on the Thursday, so the following week should have been paid on wednesday but its been 2 wednesdays past...

its probably a no brainer, btu what would you propose you would do if you were in this situation? How would you ask them?

Last edited:

DooGseY

HSC
Who cares if your employer hates it when you ring up and ask about not getting paid. Its most likely their mistake anyway, but it doesn't really matter, just call your boss and tell them you haven't been paid. Its not the worst thing in the world.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yep, tell them. so what if you're a trainee. they havent paid you when they should have, they've got no right to get mad at you for enquiring.

kalli

HSC
wait wait.... are you supposed to be getting paid weekly/fortnightly/monthly?

do you mean you havent been paid for 2 weeks since starting or its 2 weeks overdue?

klh

HSC
nah its okay...i called them up and they said i was paid yesterday [i called yesterday]
becasue i said i was checkinghte day before and it wasnt in yet and she said she checked on her file/computer that i was paid...well im just going to go to the bank today to check.

I dont know if i wastn clear, but its been 2 weeks overdue.

well thanks guys, she wasnt mad or anything [this is a higher up supervisor i was talking to] so phew...
lets just hope its in my account...

klh

HSC
har har..i cecked my account today..and guess what? no, not your bums hot, but i still havent got it yet, and the office doesnt open on weekends. f them..god...

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
You work to get paid... They have no right to get angry at you for enquiring about something that is your RIGHT... That is very irresponsible.. Make sure you follow this up as soon as you can

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
dontworry if this is your market research company ur talking about? I had the same problem had my one and only first shift last month and jst realised that they payed me this week, I guess market research are shocking when it comes to sigining of their payrolls

CieL

HSC
Heh.. I remember my friend telling me he was working for some sales job.. it was crap pay and in the end he never got his $21..

klh

HSC
Hi there everyone..just another question on tax free thresholds:
since this is my thread, i am just using it to ask another related question and update on my pay progress...

ok, so if i am in receipt of a centrelink payment, does that mean i cannot claim the tax free threshold? and how do i tell centrelink about my income? do i need to show any slips? and how much will centrelink deduct form my youth allowance after i notify them? any links, or quick answers would be appreciated.

now to my progress: Ive been phoing them on friday, and htey said they will investigate and tell me on monday; whihc came and went without so much as a whisper. Since Tuesday was a public holiday, i called today as i had a full day og uni yesterday, an dthe super told me that they sent all the info to the employment agency [i didnt know i was employed by the agency but oh well] adn that the problem was on their side so call them up, good bye. So i call the agency up and they say well we have recieved the pay info yes, but your company didnt give us your bank details and tax details, so email them to me and you should get paid by the next pay cycle, whihc should be this monday. if it doesnt work, call us again.
Tell me about passing the buck eh?
the only thing that lightens the load a bit is that my supposed income is about 400 or so, which i thought would only amount to 200, so that stumps me but ofcourse i dont know if there is a tax deduction in it yet...
we shall see...

HSC
N/A
This happened to me when I was working at Woolworths, it turned out to be an error in the bank details I gave them. It's awesome when you get all the backpay though :)

I'm on centrelink and was told by my employer to tick yes on tax free threshold or your pay gets taxed like half. I don't think it really has anything to do with centrelink? but anyway.

from the ATO website: " by claiming the threshold, you reduce the amount of tax that is withheld from your pay during the year."

So i'd tick yes, it means that the first 6000 you earn per year is tax free, i.e if you earn less than $112 per week, you don't get taxed! :)

"When your taxable income exceeds your tax-free threshold you pay tax on the excess."

And as for centrelink, if you have to lodge a form each fortnight, put the info on there, if not, call centrelink and get them to send you appropriate forms ;) Or check your online services on the website and see if you can put in the details there. The amount you lose will depend on how much you earn, but i'm pretty sure as a uni student and part time worker (it's what youre doing right?) you won't lose much at all and it's a good idea to keep lodging your form even if you think you won't be paid anything ir eventually they'll cancel your payment and you'll have to go through the whole process again :(

santaslayer

HSC
For Centrelink, you must be earning $11000 or more in this financial year in order for them to do anything with your allownaces. The financial year is going to end soon so don't worry until next year because you won't be earning that much anyway.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Where did you get the $11,000 figure from?

Does income bank gets resetted to $6000 everytime u have a birthday or each end of financial year?

Mine's at 5 grand something n im gonna have a b'day soon.

santaslayer

HSC
AntiHyper said:
Where did you get the $11,000 figure from?

Does income bank gets resetted to $6000 everytime u have a birthday or each end of financial year?

Mine's at 5 grand something n im gonna have a b'day soon.
I called centrelink becoz i started my first job this month. they said they wont be deducting anything until i start earning above $1,1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)