• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Getting Started: Citation styles (1 Viewer)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
I'm sorry if this the most obvious thing you have ever heard, but what style does the BOS accept. I mean there's MLA, APA standards for America along with hundreds of particulars. Which one do we use???

Thanks in advance

nick1048

monique66

Don't thank me, i have no idea what style u are talking about. What do the acronyms stand for? Are you doing a short story or something?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
HSC
critical response...

citation styles are ways of putting footnotes into ur essay to cite ur referrences. I want to know if anyone on here who have done a critical response in the past know the styles

monique66

nick1048 said:
critical response...

citation styles are ways of putting footnotes into ur essay to cite ur referrences. I want to know if anyone on here who have done a critical response in the past know the styles
Okay, i know what a citation is... i feel so dumb now :( Hmm...i don't suppose i could really help you out, but why don't you try having a look at some exemplars or something? Usually, the board are pretty flexible with most things, the main things is to stick to the required formatting. :eek:

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
HSC
Yeah that's what I was also thinking. I've asked my teacher to go on a research hunt for me, seeing as though he's more acustom with the HSC. I'll let you know via this thread if there are any specific styles that the board accepts exclusively. Thanks for your input, atm I'm thinking the MLA style suits me best.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i think we used oxford footnoting in our history assessments. again, you can't go wrong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)