Girl at school technically cheating on all her assessments... what do? (1 Viewer)

HSC
A few things can be said:
-this girl is dishonest and that's a quality that people will not tolerate, which could mean her friendships are put at risk
-the hsc can never be entirely fair. I'm pretty sure there are people who do this or much worse
-what happens after hsc, will not accept anything like this so eventually she will change her ways, hopefully
-you need to stop associating with this person and work on your hsc

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Lol at all the "holier than thou" people on this post

As if this wouldn't piss you off if you were in the same situation.
I know right, it's like people don't like standing up for anything.

OP I had a similar situation in year 12 (but with a dodgy exam). I went to the deputy principal about it and got the whole exam remade and everyone had to sit it again. Why? Because it was unfair and if I didn't I would have had a massive gap between my internal/external mark. But because I did it I ended up band 6'ing the subject and getting into my uni course.

vladn

HSC
Why hasn't there been social consequences? If she tried to pull this shit with my cohort, she would have been eaten alive.

HSC
Why hasn't there been social consequences? If she tried to pull this shit with my cohort, she would have been eaten alive.
The teachers are extremely oblivious too. Probably the reason why no one does that my school tries this, my cohort is very connected

vladn

HSC
Thanks for taking my post in the worst way possible. What I'm saying is that HSC year is competitive and cutthroat. People become secretive with their notes and essays and when someone gets caught cheating they never live it down, and that's not just from what I've seen. I'm having a hard time imagining why people would just let someone get an unfair advantage over everyone else.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Thanks for taking my post in the worst way possible. What I'm saying is that HSC year is competitive and cutthroat. People become secretive with their notes and essays and when someone gets caught cheating they never live it down, and that's not just from what I've seen. I'm having a hard time imagining why people would just let someone get an unfair advantage over everyone else.
We all like a bit of humour, but anyways, I don't think it's an unfair advantage. OP gave her perspective on the other student, but didn't give a perspective on herself, here's the problem. What if OP starts doing her assessment tasks at an earlier time? That way OP and the other student would be equal and there wouldn't be an "unfair" advantage. The reason why OP created this thread was probably because she isn't happy with her progress, and thus, finds an excuse using other students.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
We all like a bit of humour, but anyways, I don't think it's an unfair advantage. OP gave her perspective on the other student, but didn't give a perspective on herself, here's the problem. What if OP starts doing her assessment tasks at an earlier time? That way OP and the other student would be equal and there wouldn't be an "unfair" advantage. The reason why OP created this thread was probably because she isn't happy with her progress, and thus, finds an excuse using other students.
Present this argument to a university, tell us how it turns out.

nomieee

HSC
Couldn't be more wrong... I'm extremely happy with my progress at the moment. I always work on my assessments consistently throughout the time that we have them all the way up to the due date. I just think that it's unfair to the whole grade, not just to me as an individual. I probably should've clarified that in my original post. Yes I realise that I should only be focusing on my HSC but I also fail to see how being annoyed that she is blatantly getting away with cheating the system is affecting my studies? I'm just annoyed! Everyone gets annoyed over one thing or another!

Thank you to everyone who didn't immediately jump down my throat about this and thought about how they would react to this situation and to those who shared stories of what I could potentially do about it. She did end up getting her appeal form signed, but the teachers were not happy and told her that she would not be given special consideration again if she were to take so much time off before/after an assessment was due. So happy days!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)