Girls and Guys as friends... (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
If a guy friend is defined as - "a close friend who you regularly talk to without either of you developing feelings for each other".

Then I have never had a guy friend.
This is an interesting thought :s I think, the guy friends that i have had have ended up liking me after a while - and then that just makes me become distant so i dont give them the wrong idea. Some guy friends i have fallen for - but would rather keep the friendship than go further.

Re: "Surely your boyfriend was once your "guy friend" (even if it was momentarily) before he reached the boyfriend stage."

But...maybe it was just a guy liking a girl and being friendly to try and win her over? Not so much friends as connecting on a different level. Perhaps? Thats why i think it is a bad idea to date someone youve been friends with for years. Just my opinion

HSC
I have female friends who I'd say are just as close as male friends I have, and who I have no romantic inclinations toward (And I assume it's the same in reverse).

Of course they're people who I've grown close to, just not in that way, and I feel the same way about them that I do about male friends, so I don't think of them as really being any different.

I don't see any reason that others don't see this as something that can work out, providing that everyone enters into the friendship after just that, and not something more.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Epiphany said:
I've got way more guy friends than girl friends, and i just don't think of them in a sexual way. not even a bit. I don't really care if they thought of me like that cos they know I'm not interested.
:uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh:

if a guy friend is just a friend, he will probably stay the same to me forever. i just don't consider potential dates 'friends', and my existing male friends are definitely not the kind i will date.

we want totally different things. i want someone who i can have intelligent conversation with, preferably someone taller than me too. my male friends, on the other hand, are mostly fobs, they like cutesy little AzN gurLz (which i so am not) and hardly any of them is taller than me. they are genuinely good people though, and it's really nice to have guy friends you can talk about ANYTHING with and share a great time without all the messy emotional ties and sexual tension.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
i got a healthy amount of girl and guy friends to balance it out and a few bisex (girls) and 1 gay guy (whom i fighted i hate him)

*Buttercup*

HSC
i think u can be friends with the opposite sex, but i agree that often one is attracted to the other at least to some extent... thinking back, there are very few - if any - guys who i have been good friends with without one of us liking the other. But it's not necessarily a bad thing i think. being attracted to ur friend isnt the end of the world, after all there has to be something that attracted u to be their friend in the first place.

one thing is that u have to be a lil bit more careful... like, with a guy friend i might have to make sure i dont seem to be flirting with him, especially if it's someone ive heard has feelings for me...with my female friends i dont have to think about it.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i dont c what is wrong with guy and girls being friend...im a girl and i have tonnes of guy friends...and there aint any attractions there...well except for one...but thats beside the point :p...guys and girls should be friends coz i rekon its stupid not having friends of the opp sex :p...coz guys are kool :p

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
james_chappo said:
Girls enjoy being my friend - but then realise they want me in the pants ;)
Cos its so small, that if anything DID happen, then it wouldnt count ?

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i have more guy friends then girl friends... every since skool finished, i found the girls tend to move on with their boyfriends and concentrate on that.. the boys r good to me. im one of the boys, but still remain girly :rolleyes:

my best friend is a chick, and the rest of my good friends r guys.. i dont see the problem some of u have with being friends with the opposite sex!!

Keen

MD
HSC
Komaticom said:
I think this might be relevant:

A female friend at uni asked me over MSN whether there was "anyone I liked in particular at uni"... I think she was expecting a specific answer, but from the stuff I've read in this and similiar thread I typed something moronic along the lines of "I like everybody, if that's what you mean."
How about:

"Maybe. Why, do you know someone who might be interested in me?"

possibly add if you're game:

"Don't you think it's going to be hard to think of your boyfriend when it's so obvious you are attracted to me?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)