Giving up a bodybuilding diet (1 Viewer)

Oliver04

HSC
Too expensive, cbf eating like a weirdo.

Going back to 3 meals a day with a large portion of meat at lunch and dinner.

Am going to aim to drink 3L of milk a day along with this. Opinions?

quik.

HSC
Relatively smaller meals and more often is not just recommended for those looking to get huge, it is just in general a better idea. Depending on your appetite you may struggle to get in enough food in just 3 meals, you will also prob distend your stomach a wee bit

In saying that there is no reason you can't try it and see if it works better for you, but don't kid yourself if it starts showing signs that it doesn't

Oliver04

HSC
Relatively smaller meals and more often is not just recommended for those looking to get huge, it is just in general a better idea. Depending on your appetite you may struggle to get in enough food in just 3 meals, you will also prob distend your stomach a wee bit

In saying that there is no reason you can't try it and see if it works better for you, but don't kid yourself if it starts showing signs that it doesn't
I drink most of my milk between meals anyway. As far as I can see i'm still getting well over 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight so if there's enough calories I should get bigger.

Plus, bulking on $3 a day :D

likingtherain

HSC
N/A
I tried to do the whole 6 meals a day thing, but just found I was eating all the time ... just a habit I couldnt get into.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I drink most of my milk between meals anyway. As far as I can see i'm still getting well over 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight so if there's enough calories I should get bigger.

Plus, bulking on $3 a day :D
depending on whether you are buying whole milk or low-fat milk you are going to be consuming a lot of fat too if it's whole milk.
just sayin'

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
depending on whether you are buying whole milk or low-fat milk you are going to be consuming a lot of fat too if it's whole milk.
just sayin'
light milk just isn't milk.

Tim035

HSC
could only keep it up for 3 weeks :( gained 8 kg's though
sheez... I'm stuffing my face to puking point at every meal and still the scale won't budge; just seem to constantly float between 79 - 81kg.

- How do you managed to drink 3L of milk a day unless your just at home?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
sheez... I'm stuffing my face to puking point at every meal and still the scale won't budge; just seem to constantly float between 79 - 81kg.

maybe you're not eating the right combination of foods or doing the right excercise.

also, 3L of milk a day sounds fucking insane, lol!

Oliver04

HSC

Average day for me:

Breakfast: Scoop of protein, 1L of light milk, 8 weetabix

Lunch: Double patty hamburger and a few pieces of fruit or 500-600g of chicken breast fried in olive oil and a few glasses of milk

Workout: 1.25L of milk, protein shake, a few pieces of fruit, handful of almonds

Dinner: one and a half pizzas or two big macs or bowl of spagetti and a bowl of mince or meat (200g-1kg) and veg with gravy

Afterwards: as many glasses of milk as it takes to get to get me to my 3L a day (so more if I'm not going to the gym).

this is a typical day for me, sounds insane but its not.

Last edited:

Oliver04

HSC
Watch your iron levels if you drink that much milk...too much hinders iron absorbtion
Iron levels arnt the only things I have to watch out for melsc, my first moot is this wednesday...

Only 2 gym sessions this week. I wish I was better at time management :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Average day for me:

Lunch: Double patty hamburger and a few pieces of fruit or 500-600g of chicken breast fried in olive oil and a few glasses of milk

Workout: 1.25L of milk, protein shake, a few pieces of fruit, handful of almonds

Dinner: one and a half pizzas or two big macs or bowl of spagetti and a bowl of mince or meat (200g-1kg) and veg with gravy

Afterwards: as many glasses of milk as it takes to get to get me to my 3L a day (so more if I'm not going to the gym).

I cannot fathom eating that much ever

And I think I drink about 3 litres of milk a year (because it's disgusting)

how do people do this every day :confused: woah

BreezerD

HSC
aieeee, shoulda seen my diet when i first started lifting. my apetite sucks now because of ritalin + broken collarbone = inactivity. but the food that took me from 75-90kg in 3 months was... quite alarming! some days i hit 5L of milk.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Average day for me:

Your diet is pretty fail on the whole.

You don't need all that milk in your diet. You do realise that 1 litre of skim milk has roughly 32g of protein and 35g of carbs. Why not just have a scoop of whey (30g) which has 24g of protein and 2-3g of carbs. You will save money plus you don't need all that milk.

Also, hamburgers, pizza, big macs? Wtf? This is not a bodybuilding diet. Get some more wholegrains, legumes, any complex/low gi carbs (oatmeal, sweet potatoes) into your diet.

BreezerD

HSC

You don't need all that milk in your diet. You do realise that 1 litre of skim milk has roughly 32g of protein and 35g of carbs. Why not just have a scoop of whey (30g) which has 24g of protein and 2-3g of carbs. You will save money plus you don't need all that milk.

Also, hamburgers, pizza, big macs? Wtf? This is not a bodybuilding diet. Get some more wholegrains, legumes, any complex/low gi carbs (oatmeal, sweet potatoes) into your diet.
You seriously expect a student to be able to gain weight on a "clean" diet?

For the record, milk is far cheaper per kilojoule than protein. It's got fats, which are desirable, and the carbs certainly aren't an issue for someone training three times a week.

Out of interest, what do you weigh and what do you squat, bench and deadlift?

Oliver04

HSC

lol, I said I was giving up a bodybuilding diet.

Once you lift long enough you realise that a calorie is a calorie for the most part, and that you're not going to make 5000-7000 calories a day eating clean. Its just plain expensive and impractical with a uni lifestyle.

Btw breezer, I missed lunch today so I had a 'protein bomb' to make up for it: 3 scoops of protein powder with a litre of milk :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)