• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

go full steam ahead or.... not? (1 Viewer)

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
ive just started writing my short story for ext 2, and i had a bit of trouble starting it.. but now i am off like a rocket.. with the writing and the like.. should i slow down and do it in small sections or just keep going full steam ahead?? will i burn myself out??

KarmaKitten

HSC
I dont think you will burn yourself out, as long as you take breaks, read over your work, edit, draft etc. Have somewhat of an action plan, I think its probably best to have a draft atleast by the summer holidays( my teachers keep telling me this)

I wish I had started my poems yet, all these damn other subjects

KarmaKitten

HSC
well you cant really prevent you changing your mind, if it happens, it will happen. Isnt it better to change your mind early than next year just before its due?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Nah tis all good. Write a good draft or two now; and later on you'll have more stuff to pick from

yeah, get it all out now before you lose your inspiration.
i had so much trouble getting anything done, so if you're on a roll i suggest you keep going. i mean, its almost a year until its due. i didnt really start mine until a month before it was due.

PS 100 points for your name. it rocks

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
wow! thats pretty good! just remember... keep writing... even if you go over the word limit you can always cut it down. it's better to have too much than too little!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
thats excellent - good idea to get it done early... im trying to get all of my work done during the holidays, so i can be ready to film when i get back to school. its always good to have something done...ull find it so much easier to edit and change stuff. anyway, this thread is a few days old, ur probably close to finishing now :p

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bitchymcbitch
ive just started writing my short story for ext 2, and i had a bit of trouble starting it.. but now i am off like a rocket.. with the writing and the like.. should i slow down and do it in small sections or just keep going full steam ahead?? will i burn myself out??
go go go go go

i had a burst like that and i'm telling you ... riding it through may just save you come the august due date

also: if you finish it now, then your teacher will love you, greatly improving your chances at a #1 rank :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)