Goal! (1 Viewer)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
OMG...i love this movie...i watched it last nite...and it was sooooooo good...and Kuno Becker, the dude who plays Santiago Munez, is soooo hot!...i love him...and the story was good as wellll....n e 1 else seen it?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I watched it a few days ago.

It wasnt a great film as expected but still entertaining. The main problem I had with GOAL! was that a lot of the scenes were quite similar in the sense that it fluctuates continuously between Santiago having lost hope in becoming a soccer superstar to him getting another chance.

Example:
He gets the oppurtunity to be watched by a scout but the scout doesnt come, he gets a chance to go to the UK but he loses his money, he gets trialed for Newcastle FC but gets kicked out then gets a 1 month trial and gets kicked out and then gets into the team. Respiratory problems, respiratory problem solved....etc etc

The film does this a lot ^^. Lots of short bursts of smaller climaxes.

Oh and GOAL!2 is currently in the making and continues on from the first.

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Goal! 2 is pretty much finished. Goal! 3 is in the making and will have the Australian national team in it.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
yeh i do agree some scenes were similar...but i still liked it...i cant believe Goal 2 is already finished...and theres a goal 3 with the aussie team...haha...thats funny...was does santiago play for aussie??

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
No, he will most likely play in the World Cup for Mexico. In part 2 he plays for Real Madrid.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Apparently because the Goal! trilogy is sponsored by adidas, Muñez will play for Argentina at the World Cup lol

tempco

HSC
Loved it too. Can't wait for Goal!2 and 3. Apparently the sequels will have shots of the World Cup in Germany?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
Apparently because the Goal! trilogy is sponsored by adidas, Muñez will play for Argentina at the World Cup lol
HAHAHA.

The actor who plays Santiago, one of my mates told me that he is actually a 4th Division soccer player.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Seemed far too formulaic, and was also a 2 hour long Adidas ad.

3/5.

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
Nike would have done it better. Entertaining nevertheless.

g_dob

HSC
Most predictable movie ever. After seeing it i asked my friend to try to predict it, he guessed most of it. Its a typical sports move;
poor kid from some run down place , plays soccer in a park, gets randomly chosen to play for one of the best soccer clubs in the world, has to scrap up some cash, gets there falls in love with a local girl, at first doesnt make it but then his charm and character give him another shot which he makes, an antagonist unsuccesfully tries to bring him down, he wins the game. I mean come on, did i miss something?

Shady01

Currently: Destrying liver with celabatory "bevera
HSC
what pissed me off is.. how fake the trialing was. Ive played in england and "attempted" to make "it" there(failed miserably ened up being a mad holiday =) ) as well and mate it is a hell fukin lot harder than that movie makes it out to be. You quit like he did, you stuffd lol and over there they giv a few weeks to trial and u play fine they will sign you.. but the catch is during the season yr on an expenible contract which can be terminated at any time :bomb: so 2-3 bads games and yr gonnnnnn lol sux hey.

amb89

HSC
I enjoyed it. It was very predictable and formulaic, but I still liked it.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I liked it, got me fired up even more for world cup. some awesome football in it

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
of course it was predictable as waf said it was mainly a commercial :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)