Going overseas During HSC Year (1 Viewer)

Mel_ly

HSC
Hey guys i was browsing this forum and just wanted to know im a current year 11 student going into year 12 next term, however i will be leaving on the 28th october to go overseas due to family issues and wont be back till the 17th December.

Does anyone know what will happen to my HSC? don't you need to complete a certain amount of hours? also what about school exams and assessments how will that go about?

Any help would be appreciated

Thnxs :)

muscleman09

HSC
sounds like your heading for an N/A...

How can you even think that your family commitments/issues come before the almighty 'Board of Studies'

Missing a month of school... ESPECIALLY THE FIRST TERM OF YEAR 12... oh noes.

but yeh... nothing will happen

hollaholla

HSC
I am CERTAIN it is possible...as its to do with family. I would advise you to pay your year-adv a visit:).

people from my school have done it too.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol i was overseas at new zealand for 2 weeks when yr 12 started last year + i went to cairns for a week during term 2..

just check up with your teachers on what work you miss out on during the time you're away, or even better ask them before you leave and 'attempt' to do it while overseas :)

Mel_ly

HSC
so i should speak to my year advisor? will i still get an ATAR though?

shoutoutloud

HSC
Yes,
You can still sit the HSC and get a ATAR.
Other posts are right, speak to your year co-ordinator and ask your teachers for work etc.
Try to work as much of the time your over there as it will be hard (not imposible) to do so when you come back. In these holidays try to look at simple things as well if you know your topics etc.

smiggle.wiggles

HSC
I missed heaps of school this year because of illness. I missed months at a time and all up probably only went to school about 60% of the time. As long as I sit the actual HSC exams, i'll get my HSC, so missing a month at the start of year 12 shouldn't be a problem.

My suggestion is to talk to your year adviser or head of studies and sort out how you will stay in contact with your teachers (and keep up with work) and whether or not you will do the assessments you miss (e.g. do them before you go or when you come back).

Good luck for next year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)