good actors without training? (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
hi

are there any actors you know of that have had no formal training in acting? those who may have won an oscar or two or something without ever attending drama or theatre school or something

spiny norman

HSC
Marlon Brando, I believe.

At the very least I know his heart was very much not into it.

hatty

Banned
im not sure, but im pretty certain brando must have had attended some type of acting school, he is after all considered one of the best actors, but i did hear he couldnt be fucked memorising his lines in most of his movies.

emily might make it big one day, but for now, she sucks.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
There are heaps of average actors that have never had any formal acting classes but I am not so sure about actors that have won major awards:).

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Hmmm...winning an Oscar? I don't know any actors like that. But, I do know that Shannon Sossamon from 40 Days and 40 Nights only had 2 weeks of acting school before she started getting roles in movies.

D.U.B.z

HSC
Rebel wifout a cause

spiny norman said:
Marlon Brando, I believe.

At the very least I know his heart was very much not into it.

Don't 4get the total hotty- whose life was tragically cut short.
James Dean- he was a mad-ass actor... even today i still watch his movies... my fav of his will always be REBEL WIFOUT A CAUSE & RUNNING ON EMPTY...
not only was he a good actor he was bloody hot... that must be the reson why i like James Franco soooo much... HE IS LIKE THE JAMES DEAN OF OUR TIME!!! have u seen the james dean movie that james franco portrays james dean.... total resemblance... i still cant belived james dean died soooo young- 24 years old. it really makes u fink- will i eva live to be that age?

spiny norman

HSC
I was incorrect about Brando. My apologies for my own idiocy.

D.U.B.z said:
Don't 4get the total hotty- whose life was tragically cut short.
James Dean- he was a mad-ass actor... even today i still watch his movies... my fav of his will always be REBEL WIFOUT A CAUSE & RUNNING ON EMPTY...
not only was he a good actor he was bloody hot... that must be the reson why i like James Franco soooo much... HE IS LIKE THE JAMES DEAN OF OUR TIME!!! have u seen the james dean movie that james franco portrays james dean.... total resemblance... i still cant belived james dean died soooo young- 24 years old. it really makes u fink- will i eva live to be that age?
We can only hope.

0Jade0

HSC
"Brando enrolled in Erwin Piscator's Dramatic Workshop at New York's New School, and was mentored by Stella Adler, a member of a famous Yiddish Theatre acting family. " blah blah blah

Brando was one sexy man

cate_7x

HSC
Not an oscar winner but Rosario Dawson (not sure about the spelling) was spotted at a cafe and then went into movies - so no professional training.

R

rhapsodic

i'm pretty sure james dean studied acting/theatre ...i don't know if was formal enough....
even though rebel without a cause was pretty good, i'd have to say that i like east of eden more...
even though franco bears physical resemblance, i don't think he's the JD of our time...

There's painting of James Dean in my English class...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)