good article on international professional qualifications (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
this is one of the most informative articles I have ever read, and looks at a lot of the stuff beyond the CA and CPA like the CFA, ACCA, CIMA qualifications

I think its really relevant to people wanting to become Finance Directors and CFOs

http://www.cfoasia.com/archives/200512-13.htm

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Should be a good read. Thanks :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting read :)

In addition to practical use, does having professional certificates improve a Chinese CFO’s career prospects? Lu, for one, isn’t convinced that they helped his career. In 2003, Lu left PWC again to join the internal auditing department of a Hong Kong-listed company that was part of the conglomerate Chia Tai Group. A year later, he was rotated to be finance controller of a subsidiary leasing firm because of internal restructuring. But Lu was on the move again after eight months because he didn’t want to be trapped in such a small company.
That article sounds like he's constantly trying to find something which suits him, but doesn't seem to find a good fit yet.

turtleface

HSC
lol i think getting like 4 or 5 prof qualifications is a bit too over the top lol, but i guess if he had time by all means

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Alot of people struggle to juggle work and CA... I think once I'm passed that, I don't think I'll go for so many qualifications. Sure the job prospects are improved, but how many years have you wasted by not just sticking to something you're actually good at?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
well if u want to climb the ladder, i guess getting more qualifications is an option... (though it doesnt always work... more abt who u know a lot of the time hehe)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)