Good/Bad things about your school (3 Viewers)

yeah_boy

HSC
Good:
- Some good teachers
- We have free periods and can leave the school early/arrive late
- Relaxed environment, you call teachers by first name and you can ask to go to the tiolet and they will let you
- Lots of subjects to chose from
- It is a senior year 11 and 12 school.
- limited graffiti
- Usually has tiolet paper in the tiolets.
- Air cons.

Bad:
-The ugly bogan public school uniform
- The surrounding location. my god, when I am walking to or from school I feel like committing suicide just walking amongst the dirty, depressing, dilapidated housing comission streets :|
- in the western Suburbs
- It sucks acadamically.. the results are poor and this is also due to..
- stupid deros and bogans.
- ugly people.
- fat people.
- Crappy canteen, which basically promotes obesity and makes the students fat! Anything remotely "healthy" is usually "sold out".
- Nowhere to sit at lunch theres no soft grass its all crappy bindi infested and dirt filled.
- Poor facilities. Yeah we have like one functioning computer in the library. And its shit and very slow and just crap!
- very unmotivating.. I haven't been to school in 3 days in a row
- located in western suburbs.....
- full of tight arses

Last edited:

q3thefish

HSC
good
-awesome opportunities
-good teachers
-really good resources
-boarding :D

bad
-costs a lot :(
-hard to manage time
-hard to get to (comparatively)
kings O_O

OMG @ UR SUBJECTS LOL.
gg man 99.95 atar ahah

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
good

1. sport - esp. touch football
2. reputation isn't as bad as the other girls' schools in the area
3. technology - laptops, smartboards, etc
4. specific senior areas
5. relaxed rules with make up etc [for seniors]
6. close to shops and westfield

bad -

1. most teachers don't teach - they use handouts and read from textbooks
2. shit year 12 jerseys
3. the obnoixiousness of the english dept.
4. the legal teacher [also dep. principal] who never has time for his year 12 legal class despite it being his only one
5. the severity of the skankiness of the younger years
6. the head of music and the fact that she tried to take our common room
7. how said music teacher holds practices during the hsc trial examinations so that we hear some dumbshit failing at playing piano
8. it's too fucking small
9. the toilet in the commor room got taken from us
10. some teachers are mentally unhinged

that's all for now

Katherwin

HSC
Good things:
- The maths teacher who wears a different tie EVERY day
- Sometimes a lady in the library sells chocolate cheap
- For some reason, in a maths classroom, there's a giant flatscreen tv. Thats good right?
- We just got a million dollar science upgrade, or something. I dont know, I avoid anything to do with science
- We have a "Tiered Learning Area" which is basically a mini movie theatre in the middle of the school, smells like mould though.

Bad things:
- The fact that it just flooded and destroyed hald the carpets. So they replaced the carpets and didn't fix the problem. It flooded again.
- The reputation. Someone asks you hey what school do you go to? And when they find out they say, please don't knife me! Well not really, but people honestly think we all carry knives to school
-The fact that when I was in year 7 some students burnt the school down. I did get a month of school, so it's kind of a good thing
- I think some kids stole the furniture from the front office and burnt it all once
- Its a pretty dopey school "duuur, footy?"
- The smoking, drugs and sex starting very early. There are girls in year 7 who inhale deoderant.
- Dirty, dirty, dirty toilets. I don't think I've used the toilet at school once this year.
- Our principal. Even the teachers dont like her.

But hey, I'm Vice Captain so, school pride!!

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
Good things:
- The maths teacher who wears a different tie EVERY day
- Sometimes a lady in the library sells chocolate cheap
- For some reason, in a maths classroom, there's a giant flatscreen tv. Thats good right?
- We just got a million dollar science upgrade, or something. I dont know, I avoid anything to do with science
- We have a "Tiered Learning Area" which is basically a mini movie theatre in the middle of the school, smells like mould though.

Bad things:
- The fact that it just flooded and destroyed hald the carpets. So they replaced the carpets and didn't fix the problem. It flooded again.
- The reputation. Someone asks you hey what school do you go to? And when they find out they say, please don't knife me! Well not really, but people honestly think we all carry knives to school
-The fact that when I was in year 7 some students burnt the school down. I did get a month of school, so it's kind of a good thing
- I think some kids stole the furniture from the front office and burnt it all once
- Its a pretty dopey school "duuur, footy?"
- The smoking, drugs and sex starting very early. There are girls in year 7 who inhale deoderant.
- Dirty, dirty, dirty toilets. I don't think I've used the toilet at school once this year.
- Our principal. Even the teachers dont like her.

But hey, I'm Vice Captain so, school pride!!
hah sick, what school? parts of my school was burnt a few months ago.. we didn't get any days off :(

devinc

HSC
Good:
We're all so laid back about everything
Co-ed =D
A great social sciences department

Bad:
Our rank's dropping like hell D:
Discipline issues with students; for christ's sake, a student was expelled for bringing a gun to school, and we're selective T_T
Poor facilities; meanwhilst the principal got herself a new desk >_>
The principal... ain't great
An atrocious maths department

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Good:
We're all so laid back about everything
Co-ed =D
A great social sciences department

Bad:
Our rank's dropping like hell D:
Discipline issues with students; for christ's sake, a student was expelled for bringing a gun to school, and we're selective T_T
Poor facilities; meanwhilst the principal got herself a new desk >_>
The principal... ain't great
An atrocious maths department
great to see your post mate

ectobiologist

HSC
N/A
Good:
- Some good teachers
- We have free periods and can leave the school early/arrive late
- Relaxed environment, you call teachers by first name and you can ask to go to the tiolet and they will let you
- Lots of subjects to chose from
- It is a senior year 11 and 12 school.
- limited graffiti
- Usually has tiolet paper in the tiolets.
- Air cons.

Bad:
-The ugly bogan public school uniform
- The surrounding location. my god, when I am walking to or from school I feel like committing suicide just walking amongst the dirty, depressing, dilapidated housing comission streets :|
- in the western Suburbs
- It sucks acadamically.. the results are poor and this is also due to..
- stupid deros and bogans.
- ugly people.
- fat people.
- Crappy canteen, which basically promotes obesity and makes the students fat! Anything remotely "healthy" is usually "sold out".
- Nowhere to sit at lunch theres no soft grass its all crappy bindi infested and dirt filled.
- Poor facilities. Yeah we have like one functioning computer in the library. And its shit and very slow and just crap!
- very unmotivating.. I haven't been to school in 3 days in a row
- located in western suburbs.....
- full of tight arses
James Meehan?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
the good:
if you get caught chewing gum its a $20 fine lmfao
I chew gum all the time in class. Stick my tongue out and show the piece to the teacher and stick it back in some times. Nobody cares ever. that's a terrible rule.

aya-chan

HSC
I chew gum all the time in class. Stick my tongue out and show the piece to the teacher and stick it back in some times. Nobody cares ever. that's a terrible rule.
lol. saame. even in the science labs ...

MissGiggles

HSC
the thing about the Catholic system in my diocese is that they cut the schools at yr 6 AND year 10. it has a few advantages and a few disadvantages.

advantages:-with most year 11s in the diocese with us, they can pretty much guarantee at least one class for each subject
-with so many people paying the fees they can set up some decent rooms. our drama room is amazing
-we celebrate the feast day of the saint each house is named after on the closest friday. for my house (mcKillop, yellow) we ran Dancing With the Staff
-we don't have to accept anyone because we're not public, and they aren't afraid to kick people out so no jerks
-we don't do sport (but thats not Catholic related)
-most of the teachers don't care if you just sit there staring vacantly into space for the hour. they'll make sarchastic jokes about you instead
-our canteen meets the two requirements: cheap and unhealthy lol
-as a religious brother, our principal gets as much money as a brother who empties the bins once a week lol but most are lay staff

disadvantages: typical Catholic school teachers: uniform nazis!!!! we have stupid expensive blazers they make us carry around on hot days
-we don't get nearly as much government funding so a lot of the rooms are just tables, chairs and a chalkboard.
-i am unfortunate that i am the only student from the feeder (zoned 7-10 school) i came from in drama and one of two in bio, religion and english) so i might as well be a non-feeder student
-religious school means compulsory religion
-we all get a week on bin duty. it rained on my week. i don't get canteen duty coz im not a tutor group rep. all ways to save a few bucks.
-they replaced sport with an assembly before recess and "long tutor group", otherwise known as pastoral periods, before lunch on fridays
-we have to do 12 units in yr 11. no more no less. next term i start my HSC 13 units on a 12 unit timetable. yay to an 8am start...not! they used to have 13 units and sport

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
advantages:
-our canteen meets the two requirements: cheap and unhealthy lol
nice. our's the exact opposite: "healthy" and expensive.
so at lunch or during my free periods i'm off to kfc next door or maccas down the road. lol xD

rougesummer101

medical misc
HSC
One of the best things about my school, the teachers are so easy to talk to, funny and their always level with you, and they tell you secrets hehe, all this makes for interesting class discussions, and awsome hypotheticals come up like one of our teachers being a dominatrix. lol

Katherwin

HSC
hah sick, what school? parts of my school was burnt a few months ago.. we didn't get any days off :(
Toormi- 2452.

Haha, Toormina, on the mid-north coast. Our "gangs" are named after our post code. :)

Ah, that sucks that you didnt get any days off. Ours was probably so long because there was asbestos in the roof. Ahh, the quality.

MissGiggles

HSC
the school i graduated from last year was at the knock-it-down-and-rebuild-before-someone-gets-injured stage when my mum was there! and now that the school has grown they've decided they'll just add an extra building attached to it so it's going to look ugly when it's finished. the old part's disgusting bricks and the new part is artificial creamy panels of something. the worst part was that they started building last year and didn't finish before we did. we got all the noise, dust and safety regulations without the benefit of new classrooms. the furniture hasn't been replaced in the last hundred years either. all my mum's generation's food is still in the desks in the old rooms and you're lucky if your table or chair has four even legs and enough screws or nails

six demon bag

HSC
Once we had a sub in S.A.C:

"Your techer's not here today - she's been given a head job in the office."

Everyone luaghed.

"No, settle down - that's just the position she's been given!"

Lots more laughter.

"That's enough - she'll be popping in and out all lesson."

That one wasn't even that funny but still recieved copious lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)