good textbooks???? (1 Viewer)

sarahn

HSC
my class is using a textbook produced for the british syllabus - its not great and its more applicable to the extension course...

does anyone know of a textbook written for the nsw continuers syllabus, or failing that, any book thats good and relevant to the course????

thanks

malkin86

HSC
Well, there's Tapis Volant 3, (which we used less than Tapis Volant 1 and 2 when we were in junior years), and I'm in loove with "Pas-a-pas" - an excellent grammar reference book.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
We used "Reprise" in Year 11-12... good book, well-structured and covers lots of stuff. Not sure if you could call it a textbook as I don't think it had a listening component - it was just straight grammar/vocab, although it did have lots of exercises for you to do. And it listed tons of idioms at the back with which you could impress markers/teachers/etc.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
In yr12, u still use textbooks in French? We have an exercise book that i occasionally use but the only thing can will help u is to keep writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Use the internet

azzmang

at my school we use Tout Terrain, Its made for the GCSE (Great Brittian) but it pritty much follows our course. I find it Far better then Tapis Voulant 3 and some of the others

haack_m

HSC
in year 11, i used the bbc French Experience,
and in year 12, we havent really used one, but we have been using, umm damn i cant rememeber, but it was written for people who want to learn french, and it is a two part, book and radio program, and then we have used Sur le vie,and Tapis Voule, or something like that, i cant remember, i could go up to my locker, but i cant be fucked

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
malkin86 said:
Well, there's Tapis Volant 3, (which we used less than Tapis Volant 1 and 2 when we were in junior years), and I'm in loove with "Pas-a-pas" - an excellent grammar reference book.
We use this and its not bad but NO ANWAR in Tapis Vollant 3 grrr... encore tricolore is good too

malkin86

HSC
They totally got rid of the storylines and stuff... Christophe was in one thing, I remember.

Lileane

HSC
melsc said:
We use this and its not bad but NO ANWAR in Tapis Vollant 3 grrr... encore tricolore is good too
Mahahahahaha, I AGREEEEEEEEE. I miss Anwar Habib. Oh such a loss to see those dear characters go, and their little scenarios. They do pop up maybe once or twice, but not nearly as often to be fun :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)