Google OS (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
oh, open source... doesnt that mean that anyone can work on it?

also:

Speed, simplicity and security are the key aspects of Google Chrome OS. We're designing the OS to be fast and lightweight, to start up and get you onto the web in a few seconds.
Google Chrome OS is being created for people who spend most of their time on the web, and is being designed to power computers ranging from small netbooks to full-size desktop systems.
sounds very good, i wonder how multitasking and gaming will be like on this new OS.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
when it comes out i might use it if i can use say itunes(or ipod managment) and docx files

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
its an interesting concept, just having the browser as a cloud-computing operating system..

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Windows killer. Considering it's OpSorce and made by Google, I'll predict that It'll be the OS of 2011.

If Chrome is any indication I'll bet that It'll kill Windows.
About time anyway, fucking Windows is junk... pretty junk - like a cheap lamp with gold sticky taped to it...

Mac too... "oh, mac user fkn rock" rock shit, what is there like three compatible games and piece of crap costs near $3000, "dude, buts its fucking white and has all the gear behind the screen"... it can't even utilise the power of the processors they put in em... you're paying for shit.... build a 550x2B.E with 4770, 22"BenQFull HD 1080p with a blue ray drive for under a grand and run XP pro... nows there's a system with capability

much respect for linux though, not much support from the mainstream but very stable

shut up

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
it'll take time to be mainstream, 4-5 years imo, because people wont recognise its full potential at the beginning

K

khorne

Yay another way google can collect more information about everyone =P.

It doesn't sound bad...But I'll stick to linux.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
sounds very good, i wonder how multitasking and gaming will be like on this new OS.
That's an interesting question. Obviously multitasking is no better or worse than any other computer (Chrome Browser already uses the process model of tabbing like an OS), and it'll also depend on the CPU and its multiple cores or lack-there-of (since it'll primarily run on netbooks, at least in the medium term).

But regarding gaming: well, many current Windows apps won't work. A bunch will eventually be ported, and still more will be programmed exclusively for Chrome (e.g. as they are for iPhone). I should imagine existing Flash and Java internet games would also function fine. However, the real aim for game developers wanting to use Google's application model would be to produce something like Quake Live, which is Quake 3 Arena running in your web browser. To help with that effort is the Google project O3D, which is 3D hardware rendering inside a browser.

Links:
QUAKE LIVE
O3D API - Google Code

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)