Gothic horror related text (1 Viewer)

Sal-96

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone I'm studying the gothic horror genre for ext english 1 and am looking at the Vampire Diaries tv series as a related text to Dracula and nosferatu. I'm using the concept of humanity and the representation of the vampire to highlight social issues and the fact that evil is now looked at as an external thing, but the 'humanity' is still inside a person regardless of the evil. Essentially that good and evil coexist. So I was wondering if anyone knows any quotes or direct evidence from season 1 that particularly highlight this, and I think Damon would be a good character.

Also if anyone knows any other social issues evident any help would be appreciated thanks ! :)

Julie M

HSC
In the beginning Damon and Stefan hate each other but in the middle of Season 1 (maybe episode 16/17) Damon rescues Stefan when he is being attacked by those vampires (the ones who were brought out of the tomb when Damon tried to get Katherine back). Also, Damon does bad things but in Season 1 it is pretty much all in love for Katherine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)