Government spending $3.5 million to brainwash Australian boys (1 Viewer)

Rattlehead15

HSC
I agree with you he shouldn't be censored. Idk what the issue is I think we're on the same page.

Decapped

HSC
N/A
I agree with you he shouldn't be censored. Idk what the issue is I think we're on the same page.
You don't have the right idea and I disagree with you considering you think the real problem is that people supposedly "mindlessly follow him."

raph11211

HSC
so ur saying what he does (misogynism) is representative of his religious identity?
Quran 4:34
Men are the caretakers of women, as men have been provisioned by Allah over women and tasked with supporting them financially. And righteous women are devoutly obedient and, when alone, protective of what Allah has entrusted them with.1 And if you sense ill-conduct from your women, advise them ˹first˺, ˹if they persist,˺ do not share their beds, ˹but if they still persist,˺ then discipline them ˹gently˺.2 But if they change their ways, do not be unjust to them. Surely Allah is Most High, All-Great.

4.34 Jalal - Al-Jalalayn Men are in charge of, they have authority over, women, disciplining them and keeping them in check, because of that with which God has preferred the one over the other, that is, because God has given them the advantage over women, in knowledge, reason, authority and otherwise, and because of what they expend, on them [the women], of their property. Therefore righteous women, among them, are obedient, to their husbands, guarding in the unseen, that is, [guarding] their private parts and otherwise during their spouses’ absence, because of what God has guarded, for them, when He enjoined their male spouses to look after them well. And those you fear may be rebellious, disobedient to you, when such signs appear, admonish them, make them fear God, and share not beds with them, retire to other beds if they manifest such disobedience, and strike them, but not violently, if they refuse to desist [from their rebellion] after leaving them [in separate beds]. If they then obey you, in what is desired from them, do not seek a way against them, a reason to strike them unjustly. God is ever High, Great, so beware of Him, lest He punish you for treating them unjustly.

4.34 Kathir - Ibn Al Kathir
(Fear Allah regarding women, for they are your assistants. You have the right on them that they do not allow any person whom you dislike to step on your mat. However, if they do that, you are allowed to discipline them lightly. They have a right on you that you provide them with their provision and clothes, in a reasonable manner.) Ibn `Abbas and several others said that the Ayah refers to a beating that is not violent. Al-Hasan Al-Basri said that it means, a beating that is not severe. When the Wife Obeys Her Husband, Means of Annoyance Against Her are Prohibited Allah said, فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلاَ تَبْغُواْ عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلاً (but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance),) meaning, when the wife obeys her husband in all that Allah has allowed, then no means of annoyance from the husband are allowed against his wife. Therefore, in this case, the husband does not have the right to beat her or shun her bed. Allah's statement,

enoilgam

HSC
The initiative, known as the “Healthy Masculinities Project,” is poised to launch next year as a three-year trial, supported by $3.5 million in funding.
Herein lies the problem for me, what is Healthy Masculinity, because no one can really define it. These days it seems that "Healthy Masculinity" is defined by what it is not, as opposed to what it is. Any attempt to define masculine characteristics is often derided as sexist, which is a huge issue because it is leaving a generation of boys without an identity. Characteristics like competitiveness, emotional resilience and toughness are frowned upon despite boys and men in general valuing these qualities. There is nothing inherently wrong with these qualities either, it just seems as if the feminist movement is determined to undermine the distinct identity of males.

To be clear, I dont like Andrew Tate or Jordan Peterson for that matter. I think both are just snake oil salesmen peddling easy answers. However, I can see why young boys flock to them both. Unfortunately, the feminist movement has denied men a safe space in the mainstream to be themselves, which has pushed them towards the extreme ends of the spectrum. I'm not an anti-feminist by any stretch, but I see the movement in general becoming something which it sought to destroy - that is the silencing of the opposite sex.

Id support this program if it actually offered men and boys something other than telling them what they are doing wrong and what not to do. Im all for if it encourages healthy male qualities.

Decapped

HSC
N/A
Herein lies the problem for me, what is Healthy Masculinity, because no one can really define it. These days it seems that "Healthy Masculinity" is defined by what it is not, as opposed to what it is. Any attempt to define masculine characteristics is often derided as sexist, which is a huge issue because it is leaving a generation of boys without an identity. Characteristics like competitiveness, emotional resilience and toughness are frowned upon despite boys and men in general valuing these qualities. There is nothing inherently wrong with these qualities either, it just seems as if the feminist movement is determined to undermine the distinct identity of males.

To be clear, I dont like Andrew Tate or Jordan Peterson for that matter. I think both are just snake oil salesmen peddling easy answers. However, I can see why young boys flock to them both. Unfortunately, the feminist movement has denied men a safe space in the mainstream to be themselves, which has pushed them towards the extreme ends of the spectrum. I'm not an anti-feminist by any stretch, but I see the movement in general becoming something which it sought to destroy - that is the silencing of the opposite sex.

Id support this program if it actually offered men and boys something other than telling them what they are doing wrong and what not to do. Im all for if it encourages healthy male qualities.
Bro just really pasted what I said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)