GOVT 1202 - World Politics (1 Viewer)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Argh! What is with this guy? How many bloody times did he say "third" this lecture without listing "first" and "second"???

Ok - if anyone else feels the same as me about this... maybe everyone could submit lecture notes and then we could amalgamate them or something...

korry

HSC
N/A
aahhhh!! the lecture was ssssoooo boring!!! nearly died in there today...first geopolitics..and now this...:(

korry

HSC
N/A
i'm in the later lecture...there is no way I would wake up for it if it was at 9am...

yeah melbournian its awfully painful...but its a compulsory unit for me :( which sucks...

i didn't know we could choose tutors?

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
I went to the first lecture but I don't think I'll bother with them anymore.

I have Carla as a tutor and she seems nice. :)

moderngirl

HSC
i go to the 9am lecture, and its hard to take down lecture note being so early in the morning as well as trying to understand his accent. But i find the content of the lectures to be interesting.

That lecture room is really evil if you arrive late, i hate the structure of the room.

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
I know! Worst lecture theatre ever.

The content is alright - i just think his structure is terrible and he's not very good at articulating his meaning.

korry

HSC
N/A
yeah i agree...it hard to take notes without structure...and sometimes he goes around in circles...then you add the accent....

moderngirl

HSC
the notes are up at blackboard if anyone hasn't noticed. If i had the notes with me in the lecture it would be a hell of a lot easier.

I took HSTY 1022 last semester and if you think GOVT is shocking you should see my lecture notes for that. I think i lost half of them and the other half were illegible.

moderngirl

HSC
well u shouldn't be complaining if you decided you wanted to stay up to 4am

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah those 8am lectures were the worst... especially in winter, and when it was raining, and the last thing i ever felt like doing was getting out of bed to go to a world politics lecture... but his blackboard notes were so shithouse you really had to.

i had Adam as a tutor, and he was okay... very good for one on one stuff... not so great at a class environment...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Ah todays 1pm lecture was teh funny - when he said you can have a ten minute break there was this huge collective "urrgggh!!!" I was having problems staying awake.

Although the second half was funny at least with the jokes.

korry

HSC
N/A
wow he made jokes? damnn...maybe I should've stayed for the second half.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
melbournian said:
Adam was good....he gave me full marks (the only person in the course) for participation. Sort of helped though that I had notes from the college network from the previous year in the course. So I looked like a smart arse with all the answers :D
i ran into him on a bus once, and shmoozed hardcore... ended up with a participation mark of 85, which was FAR higher than i deserved... the power of the shmooze...

i still see him around campus now and then and always stop for a chat... hes a nice guy...

korry

HSC
N/A
I-Jester said:
According to the person next to me i actually fell asleep :p
the guy next to me fell asleep within 5 mins of Gil starting.....hahaha

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i always fall asleep in the lectures.

wat about how he'll be speaking normaly, then lean into the mic and say one word really loudly! argh! i hate that

and i hope i never arrive late

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)